CC Ecosse East

T d F or linlithgow?

• T d F

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Linthgow

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleekitcollie

scoosh said:
Oooh goodie - a :thumbsup: before we've even started !

SB always tries to claim the lanterne rouge ie bringing up the rear :biggrin:

ohhhhhhhhhh there be nae :smile: i dinny mind being 2nd last or 3rd last .. jist dinny expect to see me making a break at the front .
i,ve never ridden in a group b4 ( apart from pedal 4 scotland type thing ) and not really sure about whats the correct way and whats not . so hopefuly u guys will keep me right .

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
sleekitcollie said:
ohhhhhhhhhh there be nae :ohmy: i dinny mind being 2nd last or 3rd last .. jist dinny expect to see me making a break at the front .
i,ve never ridden in a group b4 ( apart from pedal 4 scotland type thing ) and not really sure about whats the correct way and whats not . so hopefuly u guys will keep me right .
Now that'll be a first - CC Ecosse Forum ride being in a group :biggrin:.

Normally, it's a group when we take the photo before the start, at the feed stops :laugh: and, sometimes, even at the end . If there's any danger of a group forming, we'll come to a hill/slope ......

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
scoosh said:
Now that'll be a first - CC Ecosse Forum ride being in a group :ohmy:.

Normally, it's a group when we take the photo before the start, at the feed stops :laugh: and, sometimes, even at the end . If there's any danger of a group forming, we'll come to a hill/slope ......

... or be waiting for HlaB to decipher his Garmin to decide which way to go next (whilst failing to spot the massive road sign he's standing beside pointing the way :biggrin: )

joemaxi

sleekitcollie said:
AYE(ish ) if u dont mind having a quite slow , tattoo'd , trucker /biker type bringing up the rear ps the tattooed lycra look is not a great one :laugh:
what kind of times r we looking at ie starting time and how long r u guys out 4 on average

+1 for the tattooed lorry driver bit, minus the Lycra though, I prefer the baggies!

Just found out I've got the day off so I will be there!

Is it only for members? Another driver at the work has just bought a bike and said he quite fancied the ride but I wasn't sure if it's allowed......

I better get some practice in-don't want the wooden spoon.....

I better stop lurking and say I'm a probable...

I was thinking of cycling over from fife, via the Dunfirmline to Alloa cycle path - but that seems a bit ambitious as my definition of a long ride is ~ 50 miles!!

CS

Telemark said:
Not sure who is cycling all the way, or which way any Fifers or newbies from other places (?) would travel by train ... If any Perthers are coming by train, they get to ""choose" the start time :laugh:
T

From Inverkeithing the first trains on the 9th are:-
08:47 Inverkeithing [INK] -> 09:59 Linlithgow [LIN]
09:17 Inverkeithing [INK] -> 10:29 Falkirk High [FKK]

Coco

joemaxi said:
Is it only for members? Another driver at the work has just bought a bike and said he quite fancied the ride but I wasn't sure if it's allowed......

The more the merrier.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
joemaxi said:

I better get some practice in-don't want the wooden spoon.....
We could define 'member' as: "an individual who has or can get hold of, a bike for the day :bicycle:" :biggrin:

Your fellow-driver would be most welcome - and we might even get him to join us on CC before too long :ohmy:

The only wooden spoons we have are those for our food :laugh:. Now, the lanterne rouge ** - that is hotly contested :laugh:
Contact SB for details ;)

** "lanterne rouge" [red light] is the term used in professional cycling for the last rider in the race - 'tail end charlie' in aircraft terms

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
scoosh said:
You are allowed to walk up hills on a CC Ecosse ride :biggrin: .....

... the first time ;) :thumbsup:

The only way to find out if I am a serial liar :thumbsup: - or am telling the truth .... is ....... - go on, work it out :blush:

I can smell something ....annyway, yes I am able to do the hill (I used to volunteer at Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway, so I regularly slogged it over from Linlithgow at one point. Going over there at night was ...interesting), and no, I wont walk, that is a sign of defeat to me, I'll plod on even if I'm going at 3 mph and break the handlebars off the bike because I'm pulling so hard! :shy: (Is that the right way to cycle up hills??)
I 'aint nervous.

Just as well the hill doesn't appear to be part of the route anyway!

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
currystomper said:
I better stop lurking and say I'm a probable...

I was thinking of cycling over from fife, via the Dunfirmline to Alloa cycle path - but that seems a bit ambitious as my definition of a long ride is ~ 50 miles!!

CS

not sure where in Fife you live, but perhaps if you are doing this one we could cycle across together if you like? ;)

ACS

Legendary Member
Updated. Have I missed anyone.

For:

SB
JimBr (TBC)
The lovely JS.
Coco
TechMech
Telemark
HJ
scoosh (TBC)
Halfmanhalfbike
sleekitcollie
currystomper (TBC)
Mad Doug Biker
joemaxi +1

Apologies:

kfinlay
bauldbairn

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ooo this could be a biggy, and as there is a competition for lanterne rouge the sheep dog is going to be busy... :smile:

Top Bottom