CC Ecosse Round the Forth - Saturday 24 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
At the suggestion of Scoosh and Col5632 I'm starting a new thread to propose a CC Ecosse "Round the Forth" ride on Saturday 24 March.

Meet: I'll be coming down from Dunfermline, could meet up either side of FRB?

Time: 10AM on Fife side of Bridge, 10:30 at Shell garage on Edin side then following NCN76
Route: NCN 76 - Round the Forth (80km-ish)
Cake stops: Happy to be guided on where and how many. There will be CAKE :hungry:
Pace: I've heard no-one gets left behind on these things, better be true!!

Interested? Over to you guys! Phew :sweat:

Who is in ?
Fubar :mrpig:
Col5632
Seamab
Scoosh :hungry:
Peng33 (xx() :sad:
Rasmus :wahhey:
HonestMan1910 :cheers:

HLaB ?
Telemark ?
HJ ?
edindave ?
Smout + ??? ;)

sleekitcollie ?
Pedal pusher ?
Mad Doug Biker ?

Edited by Scoosh

Col5632

Guru
As you know im up for this, open to meeting place also :becool:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Depending on which way round you want to go - north side first or south side first - you could have a 'northerners' meet somewhere like 'under the bridge by the Inverkeithing Park and Ride' at, say 1000 ...

.. and a 'southerners meeting up with northerners' at, say the southside carpark just over the FRB at 1030 ... and if the 'westies' (Lothian or Weegies ;)) want to join in somewhere around Linlithgow/Bo'ness ....

... then everyone gets to go all the way round, starting and finishing wherever is nearest to them ! :thumbsup:

I think i ned a lie-down ... :tired:

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Depending on which way round you want to go - north side first or south side first - you could have a 'northerners' meet somewhere like 'under the bridge by the Inverkeithing Park and Ride' at, say 1000 ...

.. and a 'southerners meeting up with northerners' at, say the southside carpark just over the FRB at 1030 ... and if the 'westies' (Lothian or Weegies ;)) want to join in somewhere around Linlithgow/Bo'ness ....

... then everyone gets to go all the way round, starting and finishing wherever is nearest to them ! :thumbsup:

Yeah, what he said... :thumbsup: Does this mean you are indicating your interest in attending Mr Scoosh??

Col5632

Guru

Sounds like a plan to me :thumbsup:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I can see myself possibly taking part - might just be the one half of the round, though.

I can't really help with navigation, I'm afraid.

ACS

Legendary Member
Like arranandy I'm away to a warmer place to practice my rehydration techniques. Looks a great route enjoy your day.

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
I can see myself possibly taking part - might just be the one half of the round, though.

I can't really help with navigation, I'm afraid.

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, no matter how far - now we need some more volunteers for navigation purposes! :bicycle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
How far is this mystery route? Is it more or less the "official" Round the Forth route? Clock-wise or counter-clockwise?
The whole loop would be a bit far for me just now :blush: , but I might be able to catch a train to Stirling and join you for the 2nd half (or the 1st half, and then bail out if I run out of gas)

T

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
How far is this mystery route? Is it more or less the "official" Round the Forth route? Clock-wise or counter-clockwise?
The whole loop would be a bit far for me just now :blush: , but I might be able to catch a train to Stirling and join you for the 2nd half (or the 1st half, and then bail out if I run out of gas)

T

Hi Telemark

To be honest the route is up for discussion, most of the unofficial routes I've seen are FRB to Kincardine Bridge via Linlithgow/Grangemouth - then back via Culross/Limekilns to FRB. Not sure what the "official" route is but I'm sure we could add a loop in to Stirling which would obviously increase the distance or arrange to meet you somewhere suitable.

Where do you live? Col5632 and I live on the Fife side so the idea was to start at or near FRB approx 10am, pick up whoever else want to come on the Edinburgh side then progress Westerly from there - any alternative suggestions welcome!

Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Fubar

Fubar

Guru
Update: Found a Spokes Edinburgh cycle map which gives an overview of the NCN 76 Round the Forth route, so in a clockwise direction it would be: North Side of FRB (bus stop?) at 10am, South Side of FRB at 10:15, then Queensferry, Bo'ness, Grangemouth, Kincardine Bridge - option to go onto Stirling and round by Alloa - then Kincardine, Culross, and take either the direct route (A985) to Rosyth or quieter route via Charlestown and Limekilns and back to FRB.

There is the park and ride at Inverkeithing, parking at Tesco on Edinburgh side or FRB then any point inbetween - I've started a coversation so will invite anyone who registers an interest here.

Regards, Mark

Top Bottom