CC Fantasy Tour de France 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Bugger! Team Noodley has had to be revised due to an increase in value of one rider from the provisional list to start list...:biggrin::biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

I'm IN baby, IN

Haitch

Flim Flormally
OK, my team is in. New team name and new riders. Spent most of my credits on BIG names and frittered the rest away on no-hopers. Fingers crossed for a podium place come the end of the month.

Good luck everyone.

PS
John have you done the mini-league yet or are you still monkeying around?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Alan H said:
OK, my team is in. New team name and new riders. Spent most of my credits on BIG names and frittered the rest away on no-hopers. Fingers crossed for a podium place come the end of the month.
I've gone for a load of middle credit people - hopefully I've not averaged myself out of the race...
John have you done the mini-league yet or are you still monkeying around?
I see what you did there :biggrin:

Mini-leagues aren't live until tonight - I'll set it up and post the code then (or poss. early tomorrow).

biking_fox

Guru
I've picked a team on the same basis as before - choose some big names and shoehorn in a few smaller riders.

Hope to do much better than last time.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have just picked the people I have heard most about, or who I think have got stamina and staying power. If there are twenty people on here, and I get lowest points, its because you all know what you are talking about! ;)

If there are 19,000 people on the big league, and I come last, that could be very embarrassing, but last out of twenty I could probably live with.

Just a teensy question, how do the organisers of this make money out of it, they do not do it for free. Do we get deluged with rubbish e-mails, or is there advertising on the site that might or might not be useful.
Sorry for the questions. :ohmy:

biking_fox

Guru
I think it's just one guy a nifty spreadsheet/database doing it for fun. There are a few adverts that I've ignored, and I've not recieved any spam emails traceable to the name/details I gave.

This year he appears to be charging if you want to have a second team or some privelaged info - but also a chance at prizes rather than kudos.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
mondobongo said:
You never opted to give an e-mail address did you Speicher? Whoops your inbox will be a bit full.

No, I have not joined yet. But I thought you would have to give that as part of the registration process.

I am thinking of joining in the Cycle Chat mini League, unless anyone has some idea that it would be bad luck to have a female in the mini-league?
We are not supposed to go in loco engines :wacko: pah! or on Bridges of boats, - did you know that? :blush::ohmy:

Top Bottom