CC'ers spotted on the commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ethan

Two blokes I saw on the Fallowfield loop today (Doubt either are on cc, but worth a try!)
Bloke A = Sorry for riding all over the place and being scared lifeless when I realised you were behind me.
I was trying to rearrange my self in the underwear department and didn't expect anyone to be around! :blush: And thanks for directing me to Chorlton! Could have gone a bit slower though.

Bloke B = Bridge over hyde road, Gorton. Thanks for warning me about the glass. I've had two flats in a week due to glass so its really appreciated!

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
This morning, around 8.30 ish, Ambleside Avenue SW16, on a rec with a cyclechat jersey. Mikey perhaps?

Yep. That'd be me. And I was running close to the clock from the timings. Was changed and at my desk in Chiswick by 9. By 10, I could even feel my fingers again :smile:

Yep. That'd be me. And I was running close to the clock from the timings. Was changed and at my desk in Chiswick by 9. By 10, I could even feel my fingers again :smile:
I didn't realise you were out here too (I'm opposite Gunnersbury tube). As I've never seen you out and about I assume we use v different ways over here (also - I don't do every day...)

arallsopp

I didn't realise you were out here too (I'm opposite Gunnersbury tube). As I've never seen you out and about I assume we use v different ways over here (also - I don't do every day...)

If I came by yours, I'd be half a mile west of my destination, or heading the wrong way to get home. I am out and about in Chiswick at lunch time, and have been known to wander along to the Evans that is probably 400ft from your door. :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Martin235 spotted heading down Westminster Bridge road this afternoon. I was at the lights on Baylis Rd (next to Lambeth North tube), about to head down Kennington Rd.

If I came by yours, I'd be half a mile west of my destination, or heading the wrong way to get home. I am out and about in Chiswick at lunch time, and have been known to wander along to the Evans that is probably 400ft from your door. :smile:
Oh, I work there too and ride over from Crystal Palace, we probably come in on parallel slanted routes, and I go over Barnes rail bridge, which won't be ideal for the rec....
Am also out and about lots of lunchtimes - usually do the Chiswick Park to Waitrose run, with occasional stops off in Dada.

arallsopp

Oh, I work there too and ride over from Crystal Palace, we probably come in on parallel slanted routes, and I go over Barnes rail bridge, which won't be ideal for the rec....

Yep. I stick with Trinity Road over Wandsworth Bridge, Harwood Rd, Dawes Rd, Lillie Rd, around Hammersmith and along Chiswick High Road. Keeping south might actually be a better move for me, as the roads are probably easier.

I've always avoided Hammersmith so pop off through the wandsworth one-way and run parallel with the river to Barnes, it's very low-traffic, a wee bit crossing Putney High Road, a bit more coming into Barnes Village then nowt really til I cross the A4 at Sutton Court Road. Barnes Bridge is decidedly pedestrian(ish - such a lovely smooth surface), but it's not much more of a blast round to Chiswick bridge.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I very occasionally see meanredspider commuting into Inverness. However CC'ers are few and far between this far North. Snorri is allegedly about out here on the Black Isle, but I don't cycle in the middle of the cromarty firth, the roads are wet enough (see the avatar if too cryptic)

potsy

Rambler
I'll be on the lookout for CC'ers in and around Stockport in the next few weeks, as I am going on a slightly altered shift pattern which means I'll be on the roads at a more 'normal' time than I am currently 7am and 4.30pm.
Fossy and Skolly beware :ph34r:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
And Ianrauk last night, forget exactly where now, Brookmill perhaps.

Also saw a chap on a panzerfiets last night by New Cross, haven't seen him for a few years.

I've never knowingly seen anyone on mine:sad: Granted it is only a short commute but it does involve some of Bolton's busiest roads. I mainly use Tonge Moor Road down into Bolton. I sometimes see a woman of the female persuasion on an SS road bike, and I used to see a guy going the opposite way on Tonge Moor Road, he used to ride a hybrid, then got Scott Speedster, lastly I see a guy in Bolton town centre sometimes, heading towards Preston's of Bolton, can't remember the bike but he often wears MK Cycles kit. Are you guys CC'ers? I've not a clue.

Top Bottom