Celebrity spotting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Thinking about it I've seen quite a few famous people out and about. Here are a few good ones:

Marius Goring at a wedding,
Sir Ian McKellen in my favourite Chinese restaurant,
Pete Postlethwaite at a couple of local events,
John Challis who I almost literally bumped into while leaving the cafe at Ludlow Food Centre
Lembit Opik who I tried and failed to persuade to have a trip in my rickshaw.
Sir Chris Bonington at the next table in the Black Bull, Coniston. This was the day @gavgav, my brother and I had climbed Coniston Old Man for the first time and rather took the wind out of our sails.:laugh:
Finally, Brian Blessed who has been at three events I've attended and can usually be heard before he's seen.;)

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Am I the only one who has never heard of any of them?:scratch:
Possibly

gavgav

Legendary Member
Greg Rusedski was in the cinema, sat in the row in front of me, in Telford.

Pete Postlethwaite used to drink in our "home" cricket team pub, had many conversations with him. Brilliant bloke.

Darren Anderton walking down the street in Portsmouth, back in the days he was playing football for England.

Sir Chris Bonnington, in the pub in Coniston.

Micky Mellon (Shrewsbury Town manager) does his shopping in Sainsburys at the same time as me EVERY week. (Not sure he's famous :laugh:)

Jan Molby had a meeting with me to discuss his teams match day transport, when he was Kiddy Harriers manager

John Challis about 3 times in Ludlow (Marleeeeeene)

I'm convinced I saw Pete Waterman, cycling in the opposite direction to us in the lakes, but can't be 100% sure. Sounded and looked like him though.

Shook hands with Sir Stanley Matthews at a Shrewsbury Town FC open day. Not really sure this counts, as he was the star attraction at the event, but it's still a memorable moment for me

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy in the roof restaurant of the Hilton, Park Lane, London, W1.

He was with a girl young enough to be his daughter who, it later transpired, almost certainly wasn't.

gavgav

Legendary Member
Thinking about it I've seen quite a few famous people out and about. Here are a few good ones:

Marius Goring at a wedding,
Sir Ian McKellen in my favourite Chinese restaurant,
Pete Postlethwaite at a couple of local events,
John Challis who I almost literally bumped into while leaving the cafe at Ludlow Food Centre
Lembit Opik who I tried and failed to persuade to have a trip in my rickshaw.
Sir Chris Bonington at the next table in the Black Bull, Coniston. This was the day @gavgav, my brother and I had climbed Coniston Old Man for the first time and rather took the wind out of our sails.:laugh:
Finally, Brian Blessed who has been at three events I've attended and can usually be heard before he's seen.;)
I thought for a second I was listed as someone famous then, when highlighted in blue :laugh:

PaulB

Legendary Member
Salvador Dali dining with a very glamorous young lady in an outside restaurant in Puerto Banus.

sight-pin

Veteran
Salvador Dali dining with a very glamorous young lady in an outside restaurant in Puerto Banus.

A friend and i accidentally went through his back garden trying to find a way down to the shore for a swim from our camp site in Cadaques Spain, it was only when we was chatting to the bar owner we found out who lived there.

I should add that was in 1972.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Been on stage with Les Dennis at a corporate function.

A couple of years later (mid 90's) we saw him in a play - sitting in the front row Lovely Wife was wearing a v.short frock and he was blatantly trying to look up it on more than one occasion.

She wasn't fussed and tbh I can't say I blame him as she has terrific legs. :smile:

Top Bottom