cervelo s5 or s works venge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tarmac. It's about the best all rounder. The Venge is an aero beastie, and probably not the best for climbing and general cornering. If you want out and out speed on flat, then Venge. You want an all rounder, Tarmac

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Tarmac. It's about the best all rounder. The Venge is an aero beastie, and probably not the best for climbing and general cornering. If you want out and out speed on flat, then Venge. You want an all rounder, Tarmac
Supersix Evo all day long vs the Tarmac

zizou

Veteran
The S5 beats it on this test http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...ages-of-velo-velolabs-aero-revisited_256023/4 :biggrin:

However the Venge beat the S5 (and others like the Felt AR1 in Tour magazines test). Interestingly one of the bikes that was mid table in that test (unfortunately i cant remember what one now!) was top when each bike had a waterbottle added to the frame.

Good call, that super six evo is an incredible bike seriously underated.
Blew me away when I recently rode one.. Outstanding bike.

Cannondale are a bit behind the times in some respects (namely aero bikes) but they sure know how to set up a bike for good handling.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
After dressing in Lycra dressing as any of them isn't a problem :laugh:
For some reason I thought you where based further north .

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Cannondale are a bit behind the times in some respects (namely aero bikes) but they sure know how to set up a bike for good handling.

Agreed but equally I think at times aero bikes are over hyped, with deep dish carbon wheels and interesting riding positions the fact remains at times they are not easy to live with specially in crosswinds.
A lot can be said for an exceptionally good frame set and really sorted bike.. I think the super six and tarmac are incredible bikes but suffer a little from the same thing, they are simply but not exciting. These bikes are like a quality Aston Martin in as much as they are very sorted, capable and make sence but many people still want that Ferrari even if its stupid and pointless around town.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Renault 5 GT Turbo.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
im swaying towards the venge in a nice stealthy black with red insidey bits..... the venge looks way nicer imo but cervelo claim the s5 to be the fastest and most aero bike..... that is only their test though i suppose, i want flat out speed im not fussed about comfort i just lve going as fast as i can and trying to push myself but i might only be able to afford a pair of rs11 wheels for it at the moment.... i need to choose between 105 groupset or some 50mm wheels...i cant have both :'( are the wheels on yours 50mm @Mr Haematocrit i'd love to test yours out but i live in newcastle lol

Mr Haematocrit

The S5 is faster on pure wind tunnel performance with wind coming straight at it. One of the US magazines took the bikes in a wind tunnel to test claims and nothing more. The S5 is fast in perfect conditions, and that happens a real lot in my life.. Lol

The fastest bike I have ever ridden is the Felt AR2 but its really nervous the bike always feels like its on a knife edge, but damn is it exciting to ride.
The Venge is great fine seriously fast but very predictable, I adore them and currently own three.

I have Zipp 404 (58mm) firecrests on my HTC Venge and Zipp firecrests 808's (82mm) on the Cavendish venge.

Mr Haematocrit

i'd love to test yours out but i live in newcastle lol

Your local specialized concept store can get hold of one of the test fleet.
You leave your credit card as deposit and pay £25 for a weekend with the bike... If you buy a bike you get it refunded.

Might be worth doing this just to make certain its the bike for you.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Your local specialized concept store can get hold of one of the test fleet.
You leave your credit card as deposit and pay £25 for a weekend with the bike... If you buy a bike you get it refunded.

Might be worth doing this just to make certain its the bike for you.

my local store is harrogate so quite a trek which is a shame, im tempted by the supersix now lol its too tough of a choice! i will probably end up with the venge though, would i be a moron to put a sora group on it? as it literally is decent wheels or decent group

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
This is the Evo in my lbs obviously I'm just after the frame but it would match my shoes!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Top Bottom