chafing but no chamios cream available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Well, I have just mixed the batch - following instructions from the link provided by endoman. It was easy enough to do (although I would recommend finding something bigger to make the mix in, than a used 1 litre ice cream tub :blush: ). Consistency seems about right (I only used approx 35ml witchazel and less than 10ml essential oil). It smells ok, if a slightly antisepticy... I used tea tree oil, as my essential oil of choice.

I am out for a spin later this afternoon, so I shall smear it liberally where the sun don't shine and report back after the ride :biggrin:

SD

Well, I have just mixed the batch - following instructions from the link provided by endoman. It was easy enough to do (although I would recommend finding something bigger to make the mix in, than a used 1 litre ice cream tub :blush: ). Consistency seems about right (I only used approx 35ml witchazel and less than 10ml essential oil). It smells ok, if a slightly antisepticy... I used tea tree oil, as my essential oil of choice.

I am out for a spin later this afternoon, so I shall smear it liberally where the sun don't shine and report back after the ride :biggrin:

SD

Well done. But please - no pictures. :thumbsup:

doog

I just sprinkle with talc before I get dressed, in five years, I've yet to have any chaffing what-so-ever

same here until I did 760 miles over 10 days living out of a tent. Anyone doing extreme distances without the comfort of home living is at risk. At home no issues, shower when I get into work, shower when I get home, a bit of talc of necessary and bobs your uncle.

JNR

I use the assoss stuff, it really doesn't work out that expensive in the long run!

+1 on NOT using sudocrem as a chamois cream.

sayek1

Liberal lashings of Worcester Sauce - you'll soon forget about the minor smarting coming from a small bit of chafing..............

Top Bottom