chafing but no chamios cream available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingwill

Hi

I've never had to use a chamios cream so I do not have any in the house.

However i've developed a slight chafing that I don't want to get worse when I ride first thing tomorrow morning.

Is there any household type stuff that could be used at a pinch i,e, vasaline?

betty swollocks

large member
sudocrem

endoman

I found a recipe to make your own on the web somewhere, made nearly a kilo of the stuff for about 15 quid, and have loads of ingredients left if I ever need to make any more, works superbly.

buddha

Veteran
I mix sudocrem and emollient cream 50/50 (sudocrem on it's own gets asborbed too quickly).
Cost around £12-15 to make 1kg

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have just got back from Boots! Cost me £16.74 (got tea tree oil as the essential oil). God knows what I am going to do with 1Kg of home made chamois cream :laugh: seemed like a good idea 15 minutes ago though....

Review to follow, post mix and test :becool:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I've been suffering terribly since it turned warm.

Petroleum Jelly and the other usual suspects did nowt for it.

Bought some Sudocrem on Monday and applied every night after the commute. Not gone completely but it's beating it.

OP
OP
K

Kingwill

Thanks guys.

I haven't been back on since my first response and the Sudocrem did work but as mentioned did get absorbed quickly. I lasted the 40 miles I did that morning but wouldn't have like to go further.

I like the sound of the sudocrem/emolient mix, I might give that a try.

Could the fact I've moved the seat back around an 1" be the reason I've suddenly developed the chafing?

Rebel Ian

I've never suffered from chafing until my recent charity ride. A combination of long days in the saddle plus riding when soaking wet meant I got through loads of Sudocream. It seemed to work ok.

Top Bottom