Chain lube of choice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
£2.99 from Aldi...

WD40-Motorbike-Chain-Wax.png

I rate it.

mgs315

Green-Oil-Ecological-Chain-Lube-Lubrication-GO-GO01.jpg

Use this at the mo. Green Oil Wet Chain Lube.

Biodegradable and even the container is made from 100% recycled plastic. Seems to work fine as a a product.

Small green gestures and all. They all add up.

PapaZita

Guru
View attachment 442260

Use this at the mo. Green Oil Wet Chain Lube.

Biodegradable and even the container is made from 100% recycled plastic. Seems to work fine as a a product.

Small green gestures and all. They all add up.

I hope they've reformulated it since the bottle I tried a few years ago. It wasn't obviously bad as a lubricant, but a thick sticky residue built up that was highly resistant to cleaning. I suspect the serious solvents that eventually got it off did more environmental harm than a little bit of oil would have done. I've gone back to oily oil.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I hope they've reformulated it since the bottle I tried a few years ago. It wasn't obviously bad as a lubricant, but a thick sticky residue built up that was highly resistant to cleaning. I suspect the serious solvents that eventually got it off did more environmental harm than a little bit of oil would have done. I've gone back to oily oil.

I shall report back :okay:

mgs315

Hmm, seems ok with a weekly/fortnightly Mickle method (depending on usage).

Top Bottom