Chain Reaction Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Used them for the first time in ages on Sunday night; other than ribble they were the only place that had a campag freehub at a reasonable price and Ribble was out of stock. The order was dispatched sometime yesterday so hopefully it arrives today, if so I cant biatch about the service ;)

Nothing wrong with the service once you can get the checkout to work, I placed an order on thursday evening and it arrived yesterday, the only problem was it took me over 30 mins to get the checkout to work. Every time I tried to pay the website would crash and put up a message saying there was a problem and they were working on it :cursing:

Nothing wrong with the service once you can get the checkout to work, I placed an order on thursday evening and it arrived yesterday, the only problem was it took me over 30 mins to get the checkout to work. Every time I tried to pay the website would crash and put up a message saying there was a problem and they were working on it :cursing:
Sorry to hear that, it was a pretty smooth order process for me; paid with paypal if that makes a differernce; perhaps they had sorted it by Sunday evening :wacko:

Leaway2

Lycrist
Yes I tend to use Wiggle and only use Chain Reaction if they have what Wiggle don't or if they are cheaper as they were in this case.

Mind you I bought a pump I wanted from Tredz and I wont be doing that again £3.99 to send it back for a refund Pffft last time I shop there unless it is something I know I am going to keep.
I have no loyalty. I go wherever is cheapest. Time is very rarely a factor for me, so anywhere will do inc China.
What happened with the pump, was it faulty?

Leescfc79

Über Member
Used them for the first time to order some high 5 tabs, took 4 weeks and several emails for them to arrive, never got a single reply to any email.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have no loyalty. I go wherever is cheapest. Time is very rarely a factor for me, so anywhere will do inc China.
What happened with the pump, was it faulty?

No it was just shite.

I should have known better I was tempted away from my road morph by the promise of shiney, and all I got was as a pump that would only go up to 60 PSI without drafting in superman to pump the damn thing :cursing:

Leodis

Veteran
Just ordered a few things from Wiggle of the past couple of weeks, they all turned up pretty quick and no problems. Ordered a bike from Ribble and their shite website is little help, need to book a days leave to be in when Parcel farce deliver... £2m pre tax profits for Ribble and a 6th form website is more advanced.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I also ordered a pump from CRC, Joe Blow, Wend night and didn't arrive till Monday. Parcel Force is partly to blame though.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
P1030731.JPG

No it was just s***e.

Thought you might like to see a real Shite pump. It fell apart as you can see, only cost £2 though!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I ordered 4 packs of 2 pack inner tubes yesterday (£4.05 each so decided to stock up for winter) from Wiggle. When I placed the order, online it said that they had 10+ in stock. So i thought there wouldnt be any problems.
However, I soon got an email today saying that 2 had been dispatched and 2 were due in stock in the end of September. So I have sent them an email asking to reimburse me my £8.10 for the two that will not be arriving because they might have more choice then. Havent had a reply yet but hoping they will not muck things up.

Davidc

Guru
Their system now says my email address is not in a valid format, so I can't but anything from them. My email address is in standard ISO format, is older than the CRC business, and if they go on throwing away business at their present rate will still be going long after CRC has gone bust.

Wiggle and J E James Cycles have been the beneficiaries of CRC's generosity in passing up £86 of sales, and I saved 50p.

Doubt I'll waste my time going on their website again.

Top Bottom