Chainsaw and woodchipper noise from my neighbour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Feel for you, we have shi1t neighbours on both sides, a
What, the sort that complains when you use a fully permitted power tool 1 day per week?
Good way of getting rid of bodies, chain saws and wood chippers.

Maybe best not to argue.

They leave a lot of forensic evidence . .
hqdefault.jpg

ayceejay

Guru
I once saw this farce unfold before my very eyes. Three guys leapt out of a truck each strapped a leaf blower on and attacked the property across the street ,the leaves blew up in the air and back in the truck and zoomed off. I am not sure exactly what was going on but it looked to me like they wanted to get away before the leaves landed again,

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
More chainsaw noise today, starting 9:30am. It's a public holiday Tuesday today, and it seems I can't enjoy any peace on days off any more, because my neighbour is almost guaranteed to start the bloody thing up again. I hate this bastard.

Tim Hall

Nah, amateur stuff that.

Pig farmers, they are the ones you need to be polite to.
Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead.

Drago

Legendary Member
I think a deep appreciation of the music of Pere Ubu, a band best played on your sound system at full blast when you are out, ideally overnight.
That's not bad, but I think in this situation our man needs to roll out the bug guns...

Black Lace or Demis Roussoss.

[QUOTE 4533396, member: 9609"]once a week doesnt seem that often,[/QUOTE]
So is it just me and @User9609 who thinks that using power tools once a week -while very possibly being annoying to your neighbours - is perfectly reasonable? It's likely that he is only doing it one day a week out of consideration to his neighbours, which is why it has been going on for a month. Turning a felled tree into mulch is probably a big job.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So is it just me and @User9609 who thinks that using power tools once a week -while very possibly being annoying to your neighbours - is perfectly reasonable? It's likely that he is only doing it one day a week out of consideration to his neighbours, which is why it has been going on for a month. Turning a felled tree into mulch is probably a big job.
If he does it constantly on one of your two days off, I'd say, he's entitled to get irritated.
The noise of those things is dreadful.

sheddy

Legendary Member
,Does anyone have experience of using sound level equipment to take db readings to submit to the Council ?
Sound Level Meters seem to be readily available for sub £50 prices, so I might give it a try.

Top Bottom