Challenging History : The Titanic Conspiracy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
David Icke and his Icke-olytes need professional help.
I do actually think you're right in a lot of cases, I have a mooch around on there occasionally and to start with it can be quite chuckleworthy, but it doesn't take long to realise that some of the people posting almost certainly have very real mental health issues.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5247915, member: 45"]Even the Myth Busters fired a laser at the mirror.[/QUOTE]
Oh it's been on TV on a US show then it must be true, I wonder if there is anything on FB to confirm it

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Seriously? I mean, we know he's a space cadet, but that takes it to a whole new level.
I'm afraid so,
https://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=108483&highlight=moon
Not sure if that will work for you as you may have to log in. In case you can't here's the first few posts from one of the threads, this one is 31 pages long.
upload_2018-5-18_10-42-52.png
upload_2018-5-18_10-43-59.png

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I know these conspiracy theories are all a bit of a larf and challenging history is generally, from an academic point of view, a healthy position to take, however posting this tripe in the current post-truth / fake news / ALT right context is just plain annoying and should be shot down at every opportunity. Unless of course, you are professional historian and can back up your assertions with some actual evidence?

And whilst we're on the subject of shooting, it was Professor Plum, in the dining room, with the lead piping . HTH x

:biggrin:

I know these conspiracy theories are all a bit of a larf and challenging history is generally, from an academic point of view, a healthy position to take, however posting this tripe in the current post-truth / fake news / ALT right context is just plain annoying and should be shot down at every opportunity. Unless of course, you are professional historian and can back up your assertions with some actual evidence?

And whilst we're on the subject of shooting, it was Lee Harvey Oswald, from the Book Depository, in Dallas. HTH x

Ahh, come on now .... I saw on Red Dwarf a few years ago that it was JFK who shot JFK because he time travelled back to the sixties in order to protect his legacy by shooting himself. Any other so called theory is simply wrong.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The fire a laser at it regularly to measure it's slowly increasing orbit. But who is driving away the moon and for what reason are they doing it *???

* Pick your own they

Seeing as this has been bought up again - I thought I would bring up a point of order. It is the laser that is driving the moon away and thus increasing the moons orbit, Brian Cox told me and he knows everything. Honest.

classic33

Leg End Member
How did the Russians manage to keep the fact that they were actually sending a woman into space a secret from the ground crew.

Only a few at the top of the chain of command were allowed to know.

Seeing as this has been bought up again - I thought I would bring up a point of order. It is the laser that is driving the moon away and thus increasing the moons orbit, Brian Cox told me and he knows everything. Honest.

Sounds reasonable, firing light photons (zero mass) at the moon (7*10^22 kg) must increase its momentum away from the earth.

lane

Veteran
I haven't read through all of the thread but given the title, and content of what I have read, have they found the titanic on the moon?

I do remember the Sunday sport "newspaper" front page WW2 bomber found on the moon - photo as well.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Of course, along wth the people that appear to have genune mental issues you also have plenty that just like to be contrary or more frequently think it makes them sound intellectual. it would appear they will spend days scouring the web for what they hope will be some obscure nugget that they can throw in when the opportunity arises in the mistaken belief that they will be greeted with "Ooohs" and "Ahhhs" having demonstrated the depth of their spurious knowledge.

Top Bottom