Chamois cream alternative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agree paul that sudocream is pretty remarkable stuff. Well remember it healing something I had as if by magic. Doesn't it do bad things to your cycling gear though?
I think I must be lucky on this issue. No creams and (not casting aspersions on anyone) always shower before cycling.

Suppose I sort of wonder whether there might, for some I stress, be a parallel with punctures. Many many punctures are the result of pre-existing debris, not stuff picked up on the ride.

I stress that i am not a doctor :smile:

All the best

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Doesn't it do bad things to your cycling gear though?

All the best

It doesn't no.

I did two 100+ mile rides over the bank holiday weekend over two days. I didn't use any arse cream as I don't seem to need to in dry conditions.
However if the weather is going to be wet then I do use a little.

crazyjoe101

I never used to use anything until one long ride inexplicably caused problems, it seems that some times kit can sit on you in a weird way and you don't notice until it's too late (in my case anyway).
Since then I've used a small bit of Assos for every ride and have been much more comfortable, one tub has last me at least 6,000 miles. Sudocrem post rides if it's needed.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
All I can say is the stuff I used did feel like some kind of barrier was there. Worked a treat.

Top Bottom