Charge Spoon Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I've just fitted a spoon to my tourer (in black). I've only done a couple hundred miles on it so far but it seems to be a very comfortable saddle
smile.gif

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I saw a Brooks on a Charge Duster on Saturday. How perverse is that?? It looked horrible.

my tourer has a Flyer
my psuedospeed, a charge plug, has a Ti B17
my fast tourer levelonoir has a B17 Special
my mtb, Boardman HT Pro has a B17N

my eyes can't see the saddle when I'm sat on the bike
my bum can't feel the saddle when I'm sat on the bike
my rear end has not needed padded shorts since February last year
my posterior is happy for 200km on road or SDW-in-a-day stupidity off road

QED
my arse is Brooks shaped, my days as a racing snake are long long gone and they're the only statements I'm making ;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
prompted by 3BMs jibe I've just ordered a Spoon in brown, I realised that it would go nicely with my Vaya frame...be nice if it also goes with my arse as well

MacB

Bit 'clunky' for a Vaya, should have bought the 'Knife'
whistling.gif

Oh mate, I'm still sitting here wondering why I bought another saddle and it really was because it was brown. At least I can take comfort in the fact that either the Spoon or the B17 will sell on no problem :blush:

potsy

Rambler
Oh mate, I'm still sitting here wondering why I bought another saddle and it really was because it was brown. At least I can take comfort in the fact that either the Spoon or the B17 will sell on no problem :blush:

You are a hopeless case Mac
biggrin.gif

I was gonna say it would be a bargain for someone in 12 months time that saddle: Brown though......

jay clock

Massive member
I have two of them. I am a complete wimp when it comes to fashionably narrow road bike saddles, but these look the part and I can ride all day in comfort.

Does it help the traditionalists if I say I also have a well worn Brooks on my tourer?

yello

Oh mate, I'm still sitting here wondering why I bought another saddle and it really was because it was brown.

Damn you! Here was I, all but talked myself out of buying a Charge Spoon 'just to try it out' and you've now gone and made think frippery is okay! ;)

I have no problems with my saddles at all but.... I've read good things of the Charge Spoon in a number of places now... and I'm interested... and I want to find out for myself.... and they only £30ish quid or whatever.... :laugh:

MacB

I'd apologise Yello but I'm as much a victim here as you, same situation as well, all my saddles are comfy. If it wasn't for those 3BM pesky kids I'd have been ok.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
my tourer has a Flyer
my psuedospeed, a charge plug, has a Ti B17
my fast tourer levelonoir has a B17 Special
my mtb, Boardman HT Pro has a B17N

my eyes can't see the saddle when I'm sat on the bike
my bum can't feel the saddle when I'm sat on the bike
my rear end has not needed padded shorts since February last year
my posterior is happy for 200km on road or SDW-in-a-day stupidity off road

QED
my arse is Brooks shaped, my days as a racing snake are long long gone and they're the only statements I'm making ;)

Oh dear! Is there something you can take for that?

Fairy nuff, but mine most certainly isn't. I don't want to get too anatomical about it, and I have met women that swear by Brooks saddles, but if I had to sit on one of those or a Rolls for more than a couple of miles I would have given up cycling by now. And not only does The Spoon look slicker than a Brooks on anything except traditional tourers - it is now, I notice, available in leather!

charge-spoon-leather-saddle.jpg

MacB

And not only does The Spoon look slicker than a Brooks on anything except traditional tourers - it is now, I notice, available in leather!

Ah, but one of the attractions of an alternate to a Brooks is that it isn't leather...I believe a certain RichP was rather unable to deal with the leather saddle bit, and he did have a point.

Top Bottom