Charge spoon seats, good or bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu9

As the title says....I've got one on my RH mtb haven't been on it much though to get used to it. But are they a decent seat in general, think it's leather

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yes.

MikeG

Guru
Fab Foodie has it right, unfortunately.

I can tell you that mine was the best £22 I have ever spent on a bike.......but that doesn't mean a thing. Some people loath them, and swear by saddles which I can't sit on for 5 minutes. All I will say is this: it is such a cheap saddle, and such a popular one, that you have almost nothing to lose in trying one. You'll get most of your money back on eBay if you don't get on with it.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As above, they are worth a shot at the price and plenty of folk on here say it's the best saddle they've used.

Unfortunately I'm one of those that begs to differ.:headshake:

Last edited:
U

User482

Most people like them, which is as good as it gets with saddles. I have them on all my bikes...

Globalti

Legendary Member
I have a Knife on my bike and I just don't notice it; it's perfectly comfortable. Nice and light at around 120 gms and looks cool too. I wish Charge could do a custom Knife the same as they can do a Spoon, I would have one in black and red.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I have a Knife on my bike and I just don't notice it; it's perfectly comfortable. Nice and light at around 120 gms and looks cool too. I wish Charge could do a custom Knife the same as they can do a Spoon, I would have one in black and red.
120 gms? are you sure?

OP
OP
S

Stu9

So they're not to bad, it was on it when I got it, I just need to try and get my confidence up on the bike

I think mine's got red stitching

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
i'd had the standard dawes seat with mine for quite some time but it was rubbing on my leg so i thought what the hell i'd give a spoon a try.
never looked back, i'd not even go on a gym trainer unless it had a charge spoon on it now.

D

Deleted member 1258

Another one with a charge spoon here, I've had it on my fixed for several years, one of the most comfortable saddles I've sat on, but as others have said, they don't suit everyone.

Top Bottom