charity shop bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
4 Ben Sherman shirts, my size :okay:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
A really nice Dinner suit for £20.00 a few years back, Not sure if it had ever been worn, I still have it i think i have only worn it three time. I don't get out to posh does very often, Give me jeans and t shirt or lycra anytime.:laugh:

ScotiaLass

Guru
I've had lots over the years...my ex picked up a rare tin horse racing game for £2.
It sold on eBay for £130.
I bought a Kath Kidson bag, retails at £50, brand new with the tags, for £10.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I tend to buy my work shirts from Oxfam in the city centre or one of the nicer suburb areas when I'm passing through.

Usually cost a fiver for a good name or tailor made shirt that invariably looks unworn and far better quality & comfort than the polycotton supermarket ones that sell for the same price albeit new.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Table & 4 chairs - £15 about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday collected a 2 seater, leather (British racing green, but you can't have everything) sofa for £5
I am going to have a good trunk at the books at the Age Concern shop in Ipswich later this week. They have loads of books.

Saluki

I've had lots over the years...my ex picked up a rare tin horse racing game for £2.
It sold on eBay for £130.
I bought a Kath Kidson bag, retails at £50, brand new with the tags, for £10.
Was the horse racing game the old version of Totopoly?
Two sided board.Training game on one side then the race game on the other

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
It's amazing how many clothes in charity shops still have the tags on. I bought a top a few years ago. I hadn't heard of the brand so Googled it and found it was only available in Europe/Eire - priced at 80 Euro! I probably paid about £3.

That reminds me.... Oxfam sell online... off to take a look

Saluki

Can't remember. I just know that it was very old and had tin horses which could move along a track
Totopoly had tin horses (then plastic ones in the later games) but you rolled a die to move the horses along a track. Fantastic game. I might keep a lookout for a good priced one on Ebay :smile: We quite like our boardgames here. Found Trivial Pursuit in a charity shop for £2.

Top Bottom