Charlton Heston R.I.P.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I thought he was great,loved him in most of his films,planet of the apes too,my fave was ben hur,absolute cracker of a film.And its not the guns that go out killing people,its the people holding them,the nutters that do can get a gun even here if they want one,so i cant see how he can be to blame what a nutter does?
Another great loss.

Uncle Mort said:
He had an enormous chest though. Actors all had big chests then, but his was the almost as big as Ernest Borgnine's. And he always had that peculiarly orange permatan, like Tony Curtis. I suppose he was upset he didn't get to wear one of the gorilla suits.

Chest! Call that a chest! Victor Mature had a chest! Johnny Weismuller had a chest! Charlton Heston had breasts in later life (it could happen to any one of us) but chest....I don't think so.

EmGee DK

I don't want to seem rude here, but the man was a nutter. Just watch Bowling for Columbine. As for his acting imho he did one character well: Charlton Heston.

That being said I heard he got Alzheimers in his later years and thats no way for any man to go out. Nutter or not.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Saddle bum said:
I don't think you would recognise irony if it bit you on the arse.

Is that a gratuitous insult or have I unwittingly offended you?

Abitrary

He made a triumphant return to form in the film Tough Guys with Burt Lancaster... in fact that film should have been called Return of Clash of the Titans.

redcogs

Guru
Heston was pretty unpleasant.

However, i'm a sucker for EPICS, and as a kid, 'The Ten Commandos' was a firm favourite - especially the bit where he threw a grenade into the Red Sea to part it.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Dannyg said:
Great idea! Let's let everyone carry guns to school - then we can have regular massacres like they do in the States.

Typical leftie shrill misquote.

Listen numbnuts, did I say "everybody"? No, I said "responsible citizens". Most of the massacres in the USA have taken places where firerms are expressly prohibited. It is a Federal offence to carry an unauthorised firearm with 1000ft of a school.

Generally, the remainder are executed using illegally held firearms.

One can easily get tetchy with airheads spouting on about gun control, especially when their spouting is based on SFA knowledge and a slavish adherence to fascist propaganda.

The best form of gun control is to use both hands.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Abitrary said:
He made a triumphant return to form in the film Tough Guys with Burt Lancaster... in fact that film should have been called Return of Clash of the Titans.

Heston did not play in "Tough Guys", it was Kirk Douglas.

derall

Guru
Saddle bum said:
Listen numbnuts, did I say "everybody"? No, I said "responsible citizens".

And in this country the police vet responsible citizens before issuing gun licenses.

One such responsible citizen was scout leader Thomas Hamilton, who held Browning 9mm and S&W .357s legally for use in a local gun club. On the morning of 13th March 1996 he walked into Dunblane Primary School.

Top Bottom