Charlton Heston R.I.P.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saddle bum said:
Typical leftie shrill misquote.

Listen numbnuts, did I say "everybody"? No, I said "responsible citizens". Most of the massacres in the USA have taken places where firerms are expressly prohibited. It is a Federal offence to carry an unauthorised firearm with 1000ft of a school.

Generally, the remainder are executed using illegally held firearms.

One can easily get tetchy with airheads spouting on about gun control, especially when their spouting is based on SFA knowledge and a slavish adherence to fascist propaganda.

The best form of gun control is to use both hands.

OMG you are a tw@t after all.

redcogs

Guru
No Bum. Kirk Douglas was lead in 'Harry Poitier and the Temple of Gloom'.

If i were you i'd quit Film History lecturing and stick with your day job promoting Guns R us.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Maybe I'm not a realist, but guns need total control in the US.
The right to bare arms is an outdated 'frontier style' amendment that simply panders to the outrageous paranoia and fears of the American public.

In my experience, gun ownership is often in the wrong hands and gives people an exaggerated sense of control and might that is worth little or nothing in a modern society.

Will they bury Heston with his vest on?

Two hands to control a gun? Only to strangle someone who thinks they have a god given right to gun ownership. IMO

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
It's a bit rich! :biggrin:
(How about the chest situation in Brazil - are there um differences that might help us understand matters a little bit more?)
:sad:
:ohmy:
:ohmy:
:tongue:

For your delectation, Aperitif!!

Me and Luiza being cheesy with a risotto
DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
EmGee DK said:
Nice kitchen Mr. P :sad:

Cheers, all my own work too!

Ah thanks...it's nice to know you have made your ingredients available for her to investigate.

I also note the evidence of a "I'll just throw my bathtowel off and take a quick snap Luiza...but you can only smile - not laugh like last time" moment. :angry::tongue:

derall said:
And in this country the police vet responsible citizens before issuing gun licenses.

One such responsible citizen was scout leader Thomas Hamilton, who held Browning 9mm and S&W .357s legally for use in a local gun club. On the morning of 13th March 1996 he walked into Dunblane Primary School.

The two police officers with knowledge of Hamilton, the WPC who conducted the mandatory interview and a DS who knew of his unsavoury activities with boys, both reported that he shouldn't be given a firearms certificate. He had made a false application, claiming to be members of clubs when he was not. He even asked for guns to shoot on a range that did not exist. Despite the obviously bogus application and the reports of the officers who investigated him, a senior officer decided that he would cause trouble if he was not allowed to have guns.

In retrospect, it beggars belief that the police should have issued a firearms certificate to an obvious lying nutcase.

Canrider

Guru
Oh, I luurrrve the 'If I had my gun, I'd'a done summat' types. They're soooo...squishy when it comes to what they'd actually do if they had to 'man up' and deal with a real-world live-fire situation..
Listen numbnuts, did I say "everybody"? No, I said "responsible citizens". Most of the massacres in the USA have taken places where firerms are expressly prohibited.
Okay, Saddle bum, let's play Virginia Shooting:

You're a responsible citizen student on a college campus where it's legal to carry a concealed firearm. You're sitting comfortably in class one day when you hear gunfire, screaming and running feet outside the lecture theatre. You reach into your backpack, produce your sidearm of choice and approach the shut doors of the lecture theatre.

Everything seems to have gone quiet. You open the door a crack and don't see anything, so you open the door wider and step partially out into the hall.

You see two people. A body, apparently a responsible citizen student, is lying on the floor, shot in the centre of mass, bleeding profusely. Near the body's right hand is a handgun. Standing near, but not over, the body is another apparent responsible citizen student holding a handgun. The standing responsible citizen student turns towards you and starts to raise their handgun. Your own weapon is not trained directly on the standing responsible citizen student. You have 0.5 seconds to decide what to do. What do you do?

Canrider

Guru
In retrospect, it beggars belief that the police should have issued a firearms certificate to an obvious lying nutcase.
S'alright, I'm sure that wouldn't happen in a jurisdiction where the 2nd Amendment held. :angry: After all, anyone adversely affected by the officers' decision could always, what, drop by the cop shop and plug the officers in question?

Top Bottom