1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap Digital Camera

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by ChrisKH, 7 Dec 2007.

1. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

My eldest son (8) has asked for a digital camera for Xmas. Has anyone got any recommendations for a good value digital camera he will be able to handle for around the £100 mark ( with storage card if poss.).

He's a bit girly and likes different coloured ones if there are any out there that don't cost the earth.

Cheers.

2. col

col Veteran

I think for £100 you would get a pretty good one nowadays,im sure there are plenty a lot cheaper,that are ok.Try this.

http://www.jessops.com/Store/c236/1...--Lenses/Digital-Compact-Cameras/details.aspx

And this

http://www.jessops.com/Products/SearchResults.aspx?CatId=236&cl=1-136-236

3. try kodak online... they have refurbished ones, fully guaranteed. i got a refurb kodak and it's been excellent. think it's www.kodak.co.uk

also have a look at http://www.cameras.co.uk/ they have a deal of the day section.

4. Argos have launched a 1/2 price camera sale, I quite like this Casio for £75. I'm sure you'll get a good camera somewhere for under £100.

5. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

you want to spend £100 quid on a camera for an 8yr old? :tongue:

6. Van Nick

Van Nick New Member

Hi Chris,

Have a look at Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk) and enter "digital camera" into the search box.

There are some great deals including the following:-

Samsung L83T Metal Body Digital Camera - Silver (8MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD

Was: £139.70
    Price: £89.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery.

7. walker

walker New Member

Exactly,

Go to WH Smiths and let him draw what he sees :tongue:

8. ajevans

ajevans New Member

You'd be doing him a disservice getting him any less than a Hasselblad H3D II. A snip at about £30,000!

More seriously I'd go for something like this Fujifilm Finepix Z10fd

Good reviews and comes in 7 different colours!

9. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I got my 8yr old a Dorling Kindersley Digicool last yr, for about £20 (or less). It's a perfectly good (basic though) 'one-hand' camera which is easy to use. Can also double as webcam. Just checked amazon, but they have no picture of it any more.... worth checking out though, and not too much spent if kid breaks it.

10. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Kodak Easyshare cameras are good and easy to use.

11. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I had a Sony cybershot P200 for over a year and it served me very well...they will probably be extra-cheap now but still very capable (albeit without vibration reduction that is seen in the never compact models)

12. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

May I suggest, as an ex professional photographer, that when you are looking at which camera to buy, do not go for the largest pixal size for the price, go for the best lens.

13. Perhaps you should consider buying him a toy gun for krimbo instead of a poofy camera.