Cheese

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Tough question!

i) Brie
ii) Stilton
iii) Parmesan
iv) Mature Cheddar
v) Comte. I thought it was a sheep milk cheese but apparently not. If it's not good enough to be called Comte - it gets called Gruyere!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Cheddar
Emmental
Parmesan
Brie
Edam

Plax

Guru
I can't think of 5 cheeses. I love cheese, and tend to go for vintage or extra mature cheddar as you can use it in more things. I am rather partial to crumbly cheese too, but tend to make a mess ;)

bonj2

cheese is fairly unhealthy, certainly in the quantities people tend to eat it. People tend to forget that it's a luxury thing that you should only have a bit of, not a staple that you should lather on things thick.
I used to live with people that graduated from a bit of parmesan on spaghetti bolognese to masses of grated cheddar on everything, even curry.

Plax

Guru
bonj said:
cheese is fairly unhealthy, certainly in the quantities people tend to eat it. People tend to forget that it's a luxury thing that you should only have a bit of, not a staple that you should lather on things thick.
I used to live with people that graduated from a bit of parmesan on spaghetti bolognese to masses of grated cheddar on everything, even curry.

You can't beat grated cheese on spaghetti or baked beans. Yum yum!

Abitrary

I like that sardinian cheese where they let flies lay eggs in it, and the maggots refine the flavour with their digestive throughput. The freshest stuff still has live maggots in it.

I once manufactured something similar, with a lot less effort than the sardinians.

Abitrary

bonj said:

That's the sort of fear of food that turns people to convenience food and obesity in this country. In mediteranean countrys they shovel down cheese, white bread, fatty ham and god knows what else, and don't have the same problems.

At least we're allowed to eat eggs again in this country without fear of keeling over.

just jim

• Dairylea Cheese Triangles
  • The Laughing Cow Family of Cheeses
  • Kraft Cheese Slices
  • Primula Cheese Spread Original
  • Tesco Austrian Smoked Processed Cheese

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Oh ... I love cheese ... top 5 (well it would probably change in 5 mins) but here goes...

Emmental (but the real Swiss stuff not the stuff we get here - thank goodness for Swiss friends)
Silton
Jarlsburg
Locally made double/single gloucester
Brie

now you are making me hungry.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
just jim said:
  • Dairylea Cheese Triangles
  • The Laughing Cow Family of Cheeses
  • Kraft Cheese Slices
  • Primula Cheese Spread Original
  • Tesco Austrian Smoked Processed Cheese
Unconventional choices there just jim! :rolleyes:
I can't beleive we're on page 3 and nobody has mentioned "helmet" ;)

Top Bottom