Cheese

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Flying_Monkey said:
That's why they won't let you back in to Lancashire! :angry:

They will too!!
(they just can't pay me enough)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Hungry!

1) Parmesan
2) Vacherin Mont D'Or
3) Camembert
4) Comte or a very mature Gruyere
5) Stilton

With special mentions to a few more obscure ones: Barkham Blue of Wokingham; and Caws Cynros and Arzegarzy from Cothi Valley Goats of Llandeilo.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
P.S. I'd be interested to know if Gjetost has any takers, for it is the weirdest cheese known to humanity. Can't stand the stuff myself - it tastes exactly like a Caramac bar and has the texture of soap. xx(

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
theclaud said:
P.S. I'd be interested to know if Gjetost has any takers, for it is the weirdest cheese known to humanity. Can't stand the stuff myself - it tastes exactly like a Caramac bar and has the texture of soap. xx(

That could be the makings of a good cheese though.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
theclaud said:
P.S. I'd be interested to know if Gjetost has any takers, for it is the weirdest cheese known to humanity. Can't stand the stuff myself - it tastes exactly like a Caramac bar and has the texture of soap. :smile:

I grew up eating that stuff or, more accurately, trying to avoid eating it . xx(

U

User482

Disgruntled Goat said:
Anyone tried Stinking Bishop of Wallace and Gromit fame. Very mushroomy - tastes like a hard-core camembert

The rind is washed in perry. If you like it, I think there's a camembert that's soaked in calvados.

Yes i've tried stinking bishop and it really really stinks. It tastes nice at first, and then you realise your fridge stinks, your house stinks and you stink. A friend had to put hers in the shed at the bottom of the garden and could still smell it from the house.

U

User482

Kirstie said:
Yes i've tried stinking bishop and it really really stinks. It tastes nice at first, and then you realise your fridge stinks, your house stinks and you stink. A friend had to put hers in the shed at the bottom of the garden and could still smell it from the house.

It's got nothing on livarot. I brought some back from France in June, and had to live with it stinking the car out all the way from Dover to Bristol.

Top Bottom