Cheshire cycle route wanted (road bike)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am looking for a 60/70 mile route that doesn't include busy roads if possible.
From Warrington (Winwick) I have a nice 40 miler that takes me through Culcheth/Glazebrook/Warburton Bridge/Lymm & Dunham Massey.
I suppose I could simply try cruising further but it seems that I would be hitting major 'A' roads.
Any suggestions?????..........the flatter the better :thumbsup:
If neccesary I can put the bike in the car and start further affield

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tonnes of lanes down in Peover south of Knutsford

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Tonnes of lanes down in Peover south of Knutsford

Thanks.........but to get there from Dunham would mean crossing the M6 and (it would appear from the map) using some serious major A roads e.g. A50.
If I am wrong please advise.

Last edited:
Thanks.........but to get there from Dunham would mean crossing the M6 and (it would appear from the map) using some serious majot A roads e.g. A50.
If I am wrong please advise.
There loads of little roads crossing the m6 including one that is the NCR 70 I think.
No need for any major roads at all to get this way or down to nantwich, in fact restricting it to your chosen mileage would be the hardest part!

Here's 2 ways across it without major roads
https://www.strava.com/activities/184828906

Really? Well you live and learn!
I used to ride, and hope to get back to at some point, to my hospital appointments are wythenshaw, found out the hard way it wasn't open in winter. I was so needing that toilet break!

Origamist

Legendary Member
Well, there's lot of choices, but from Dunham, I'd go Brinklin Lane, Reddy Lane, then you can stay on back roads going either through Moston or Rostherne (past the mere). If you choose the latter you can get to Ashley Road (not "quiet" as such, but hardly busy), via Millington Lane and Rostherne Lane then through Tatton Park and Knutsford. From there, Sudlow Lane down towards Plumley. Then you are in the middle of loads of back routes towards Lower Peover, Lostock Green, Allostock, Byley, Lach Dennis, Cranage, etc

Last edited:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Yeh its in the Ale Guide... only been once or twice... The other one (Parkgate) is OK too, Sam Smiths so cheap as chips....

Sam Smiths! Good to know. The Bird in Hand (nr Mobberley) is also a Sam Smiths, but it's a bit rough around the edges!

Top Bottom