Chest Pain - visit to docs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Carry on riding. The only thing that might kill you is car drivers, so don't worry about the ticker.

Hi TBH - I went thinking I would get all the clear -

So far as it matters, you did.

Pretty sure it hasn't been there all the time, as an asthmatic they were always checking my heart as a kid.
Almost certainly a non-issue, then.

Relax. If it was a problem, you'd know by now. Minor anomalies like this are vastly more common than people think.
But you definitely did the right thing in getting checked, and should do so again if in any doubt.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
So far as it matters, you did.

Almost certainly a non-issue, then.

Relax. If it was a problem, you'd know by now. Minor anomalies like this are vastly more common than people think.
But you definitely did the right thing in getting checked, and should do so again if in any doubt.

I would have thought it a non issue if it had been there along ? - where as I don't think it has ?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
ECG normal ...got to go for an echo scan , as is routine when they find a a heart murmur...looking good though !

And just to complete the picture that you never know what you've got, a friend's husband was finding life abnormally tiring, and it was discovered that he'd had a 'silent' heart attack some months previously and couldn't recall any symptoms at all. He was the type of person who would soldier on through anything with a stiff upper lip though.

Is that a typo? Did you mean 'wife'?

I suggest you take your pathetic 1970s sense of humour somewhere else. The guy has since died and my friend is now a relatively young widow.

I wasn't aware of any death, sorry.

When it was said that "a friend's husband was finding life abnormally tiring", I took it to mean he was having marriage difficulties or something. I read that one seriously wrong.:eek:.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
So the appointment with the cardiologist has come through much sooner than I expected - like Friday !!!. Bit of shock as gp said the speed the appt is dependent on how serious the condition is. At least I haven't got long to wait

Alan O

Über Member
So the appointment with the cardiologist has come through much sooner than I expected - like Friday !!!. Bit of shock as gp said the speed the appt is dependent on how serious the condition is. At least I haven't got long to wait
The speed of an appointment can also be dependent on some slots coming free, for example due to cancellations, so don't worry yet. (And if it turns out you do need to worry when you get there, at least you'll be with a doctor ;))

Top Bottom