Chest Pain - visit to docs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
Go ask your GP if you are bothered. If they aren't telling you not to exercise, then I would carry on as before but listen to your body and ease up if the symptoms reoccur.

alicat

Legendary Member
That's the spirit. If it's just a diagnosis by letter, I don't suppose it's anything to worry about.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
When I had my stroke in 2000 it was found that I had a leaking heart valve and a small hole in the heart ,I have had no surgery to correct this but have been on warfarin since the diagnosis

Thank you for responding. Did the medical people think the stroke was related to those conditions ? - and how is your health now ? - are you still active ?

They thought that the leaking valve had caused the blood clots that caused the stroke , but I was also about 23 stone in weight and lived an unhealthy life style , drinking smoking every day, the reason i am on warfrain is to thin the blood to stop the clots,
I am now a healthy weight after a large weight loss this year 8.5 stone and cycle every other day longest ride is 65 miles, I have only been cycling on a road bike since May this year. I have weights in my dinning room that I do 3 times a week, barbells and dead lifting and dumbbells
I feel good and have my bloods checked fortnightly
I would ask your doctor's advice

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
They thought that the leaking valve had caused the blood clots that caused the stroke , but I was also about 23 stone in weight and lived an unhealthy life style , drinking smoking every day, the reason i am on warfrain is to thin the blood to stop the clots,
I am now a healthy weight after a large weight loss this year 8.5 stone and cycle every other day longest ride is 65 miles, I have only been cycling on a road bike since May this year. I have weights in my dinning room that I do 3 times a week, barbells and dead lifting and dumbbells
I would ask your doctor's advice

Sounds like youve really turned things around - inspiring story - well done

Yes - I go away shortly and can't get a gp appt instantly !

Alan O

Über Member
Wow, that's seriously impressive :bravo:

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Here she is guys..... the ticker friendly new steed ....

Khydra.jpg

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Erm, ticker friendly, makes it jump 30 bpm just looking at it ?

Nice bit of kit.

Yes I am very pleased with it - I pondered whether to upgrade the wheels or go Di2 - have to say in the few miles I have done so far the Di2 is mightily impressive- It was a serious wedge cash out of my meagre earnings - I wanted something to top my 10 year ultegra carbon - and it seems to have done that. Its lighter than I thought it would be - so far so good......

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes I am very pleased with it - I pondered whether to upgrade the wheels or go Di2 - have to say in the few miles I have done so far the Di2 is mightily impressive- It was a serious wedge cash out of my meagre earnings - I wanted something to top my 10 year ultegra carbon - and it seems to have done that. Its lighter than I thought it would be - so far so good......

Good.... My HR spikes by 30-40 just getting on a bike = win

Top Bottom