Childhood dreams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcogs

Guru
But your experience of men has made you reconsider?

redcogs said:
Hard to imagine building a career as an unsound engineer Kirst.

You might consider divorce?

Definitely not!! I really respect him for following what he wanted to do, and well you never know where it might end up. He's getting some really big events this year (Olympics etc). Just the working conditions sometimes p*ss me off because they affect his general health. He's also managed to do it self-employed, which I think is amazing. It's something I would never have the guts to do. Good thing is, as a self-employed person, if you have a different business idea, it's flexible enough so you can just go and do it, to try it out 'as another string to your bow', so to speak. He's looking at moving into event photography and wedding theming (with sound and light) in future. I think it's all good, really.

redcogs

Guru
Admirable Gaz. And if such desires turn out to be innate, then you n Mrs Gaz have made an excellent start with that bonny young shaver of yours who may go on to be the very next Trotsky (Soz, Bakunin) ;):smile:

redcogs

Guru
wafflycat said:
Certainly experience of *man* namely Mr Wafflycat has ;)

He is a lucky man i'd say :blush:

NickM

Veteran
Of course, the thing that all boys should aspire to be is a brewer (girls too, if they're like MsM). The noblest calling by far. But you don't find out until you're older, do you? Sort of a Catch-22...

I wanted to be a cricketer (outdoors, playing all round the world in hot sunny locations, lots of sandwiches and cakes every day) then I wanted to be a sports journalist, then I read 'Siddhartha' when I was 16, and I've been a bum traveller more or less ever since!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Marine biologist studying sharks in the caribean
North sea oil rig diver
Infantry soldier

(Yes I had a death wish even then!)

Ritchie Blackmores replacement
Tramp

...I have come closest to the last ambition..

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I was one of 6 kids and for a few years I thought that I had been adopted! I never had any help or encouragement from my parents apart from the constant 'You'll never amount to much!'. What did I want to be? Someone like Thor Heyerdahl, T E Lawrence or Biggles. I spent years working in Saudi so the T E Lawrence part came true partially! Other dreams included a vicar, airline pilot and guitarist - which teenage boy at the height of the Merseybeat era didn't especially if they lived near Liverpool!
A schoolfriend of mine used to buy Cycling Weekly was not really into cycling and his copy always seemed thicker than mine, What was he hiding? He wanted to be a pig farmer and was hiding his copy of Pig Breeder's Weekly!

Top Bottom