Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I'll never be old enough to listen to R4 for any length of time.

AndyRM

XOXO
Liked his drive show, tend to listen to 5Live in the mornings so not heard him in the morning. Overall I think he's a good and adaptable broadcaster, disastrous stint in Top Gear aside.

I remember having my mind blown seeing Napalm Death on TFI Friday...

OP
OP
AndyMack

AndyMack

[QUOTE 4994970, member: 45"]I listened to some of the Lard show last night on catch-up. It's not worth catching up, but would be a good listening during the day in the car.[/QUOTE]

I listened too, I quite enjoyed the mix of music he played but I’d agree I’d put it on but wouldn’t go out my way to catch up with it.

Tim Hall

[QUOTE 4994930, member: 43827"]Grown olds listen to R4.

Like me.[/QUOTE]
Speaking of The Home Service, did you hear Eddie Mair on PM last week? He was talking about Catalonia, the offer from Switzerland to act as intermediary and interviewed a Swiss diplomat:
<dead pan> "Tell me, what is the Swiss role in all this?"

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Oh FFS, it's only a radio show:okay:.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
[QUOTE 4995342, member: 45"]He knows his music, and he's a good interviewer.

Steve Wright is good for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Steve Wright interview:

Saw your movie: LOVED IT
Read your book: LOVED IT
Listened to you sing/talk/play: LOVED IT
Been to your house: LOVED IT
Stroked your cat: LOVED IT

albal

Guru
Loved mark & Lard. W.A.N.K cincinatti, wasn't it? Ha! Fabulous. Mark Riley ex The Fall and 'creepers'. Fame.

The Mark Radcliffe Graveyard Shift was the radio show of my teenage years. As far as I'm concerned the man is a god and can do no wrong. Introduced me to loads of music, had excellent guests like Mark Kermode, Ian McMillan etc. Mark & Lard's daytime output never really captured the magic of what they got away with in the night time slot.
Yes, I heard a lot on there for the first time
Tindersticks (in session, was my first hearing; 'BearSkin', & such tracks), Arcade Fire, British Sea Power, Airborne Toxic Event
Show Of Hands - during the R & M' Jurassic Coast Walk'4
Here's a few oldies
http://www.scrawnandlard.co.uk/wavs/hellofn.wav
http://www.scrawnandlard.co.uk/wavs/dogarse.wav (purported to be Katie Boyle, & obviously aimed at HMV, & Nipper)

Does anybody remember Mark Lamarr's late night shows on Radio 2? They were pretty good.
Monkey Boy, as - was it Phil Jupitus used to call him?

Edit @ 19:25

I did get to see him earlier this year, at the Bradford Alhambra

Last edited:

DanZac

Steve Wright interview:

Saw your movie: LOVED IT
Read your book: LOVED IT
Listened to you sing/talk/play: LOVED IT
Been to your house: LOVED IT
Stroked your cat: LOVED IT

My faith in humanity has been restored! I was begining to think that I was the only person that couldn't stand Steve Wright.
I quite like Chris Evans, but like it even more when Sara Cox stands in, although I imagine thats she's a bit marmite too.

Top Bottom