Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Indeed

I think I've got the CD somewhere

Don't drink anything while listening...................

Bog Eyed Jog on CD, I've the vinyl single, and

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XhP8EKqReAg

OP
OP
AndyMack

AndyMack

Mark Radcliffe, for the folk show, but it's not like the days of Mike Harding

Slight digress;
MR was the first DJ to play a single, by a quiet, unknown American girl, as a favour to the labels A&R man, who was a friend of his

The girl................................ Madonna

Also, on the Radcliffe theme
Fat Harry White anyone???
I love Mark Radcliffe, his afternoon show with Lard was brilliant, I remember the day they won Gold at the radio awards and spent two hours playing snippets of Spandau Ballet’s Gold and ripping strips of themselves, I cried with laughter, or their themed cheerful cheesy tunes subject curries and the top tune was ring of fire, I even enjoyed their stint at breakfast but it was to early for them and they couldn’t get away with their brand of humour.

I’m not a fan of folk music but often tune in just because it’s him!
Whatever happened to the Lard? I can’t remember his actual name right now?

classic33

Leg End Member
Simon Mayo is another favourite (Mon-Fri; 17:00 - 19:00)
Some confessions are pure magic

Mark Radcliffe, for the folk show, but it's not like the days of Mike Harding

Bob Harris, for the Country programme (Thursdays 19:00 - 20:00)
I'm old enough to remember Wally Whyton presenting it

Me neither

As much as I like Mark Radcliffe, he's partly responsible for CE being on the radio

When MR was working at Picadilly Radio (Manchester), CE was a very junior 'producers assistant'
He once, accidentally wiped a very important (or long chased after) interview, & managers were wanting to fire him

MR pleaded for him to be kept on......................

Slight digress;
MR was the first DJ to play a single, by a quiet, unknown American girl, as a favour to the labels A&R man, who was a friend of his

The girl................................ Madonna

Also, on the Radcliffe theme
Fat Harry White anyone???

(or Wogans 'Janet & John')
John Dunn in the evening.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The Mark Radcliffe Graveyard Shift was the radio show of my teenage years. As far as I'm concerned the man is a god and can do no wrong. Introduced me to loads of music, had excellent guests like Mark Kermode, Ian McMillan etc. Mark & Lard's daytime output never really captured the magic of what they got away with in the night time slot.

RadMac is pretty good these days but Marc Riley's show is mostly tedious drivel. Tom Ravenscroft and Gideon Coe are both rather wonderful but I rarely get a chance to listen to them.

Does anybody remember Mark Lamarr's late night shows on Radio 2? They were pretty good.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Radio Paradise kicked the whole lot of them into the long grass.

https://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?#

When I was fit I'd do my cross trainer sessions listening to Radcliffe & Maconie.
They were great company for later physio sessions too.
Chris Evans is always glass more than half full in fact overflowing. Its good if you want endless positivity. But nothing beats good banter.
Unfortunately rattling like a can of marbles while others try and get a word in is not banter.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My two thoughts about Chris Evans. He was one of Paul Gascoigne's drinking buddies who encouraged his addiction to alcohol. He also used dead chickens in his TFI friday show, in as supposed game where contestants launched them across a moat.:dry:

screenman

Legendary Member
This topic shows how different cyclists are to the general public, he hosts the most popular radio show going yet it seems I maybe the only one who deliberately tubes in.

OP
OP
AndyMack

AndyMack

I’m listening too ( no choice, wife rules the Sonos pre work!) and although not shouty he does have a high excitable tone to his voice in everything he says.

Top Bottom