Chris Evans on BBC Radio 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nonethewiser

Oh good grief no. I find Evans, either on radio or on the telly, to be a rather irritating shouty prat who gives me headache. After 5 mins I'm reaching for the Anadin Extra. Mrs NTW on the other hand is a regular R2 listener and likes his style. No accounting for taste in our household :laugh:

petek

Über Member
Not keen on Evans here.

Dave7

Legendary Member
No, it's not just you.

I can't have Wireless 2 on when he's on, have to turn it off.
Me to.............he seems to think we switch on the hear him prattle on............the b***y man will just not shut up. His stupid voice gets on my nerves. I switch radio 2 on first thing to get the news then I have to switch off.
Did I say ?? I cannot stand him.

OP
OP
AndyMack

AndyMack

Cannot stand Chris .Evans or Danny Baker.

Drinking partners of Gazza, they helped him down the path of where he is today.

If it wasn’t them it’d have been someone else, the mans an alcoholic he’d have drank with anyone, and I should know, I had a few drinks with him back in the day in various pubs, if you were in and he was drinking he’d just sit down and you had a mate for the day.

Basil.B

Guru
IMG_7272.JPG

albal

Guru
Evans = tosh. Tweet of the day is my choice, then the news.

Milzy

Guru
Chris Evans has a somewhat unique ability that perplex’s me...I cannot make my mind up if I can’t stand him, find him annoying or quite like him on the radio? It’s easier with TV, I can’t watch him as he just looks creepy, however when it comes to Radio I enjoy some of the stuff he does but find myself also swearing at the Radio telling him to F**k up when he prattles on! And don’t get me started with his acolytes fawning over him, just read the weather and sport and get back in your box gimps...:cursing:

Is it just me?
I was exactly the same but don’t drive to work anymore so don’t have that problem. In fact I’d totally forgotten that the ginger nut even existed.

Simon Mayo is another favourite (Mon-Fri; 17:00 - 19:00)
Some confessions are pure magic

Yes, Ken Bruce and Johnny Walker are the only ones I like.
Mark Radcliffe, for the folk show, but it's not like the days of Mike Harding

Bob Harris, for the Country programme (Thursdays 19:00 - 20:00)
I'm old enough to remember Wally Whyton presenting it

No, it's not just you.

I can't have Wireless 2 on when he's on, have to turn it off.

Me neither

As much as I like Mark Radcliffe, he's partly responsible for CE being on the radio

When MR was working at Picadilly Radio (Manchester), CE was a very junior 'producers assistant'
He once, accidentally wiped a very important (or long chased after) interview, & managers were wanting to fire him

MR pleaded for him to be kept on......................

Slight digress;
MR was the first DJ to play a single, by a quiet, unknown American girl, as a favour to the labels A&R man, who was a friend of his

The girl................................ Madonna

Also, on the Radcliffe theme
Fat Harry White anyone???

(or Wogans 'Janet & John')

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Don't mind Chris Evans on the wireless, I've even had a couple of Big Screen Belters played.
Not such a big fan of his on the telly though.

Ken Bruce remains the King of R2 in my book, Simon Salad-Cream is always listenable and I listen to a lot of Jo Whiley. Can't fault Zoe Ball or Sara Cox on there either, and always have Johnny Walker on of a Sunday afternoon if I'm about

Christ, I'm getting old...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom