Chris Grayling doors a cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Remember this headline?
"Cycle lanes cause problems for road users, says Transport Secretary"

Well look at him now .... https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-cyclist-flying-with-his-car-door-video-shows .

Yup, that's the man who said "cyclists ignore red lights and road signs"; "good cycling is responsible cycling"; and (piece de resistance),“I don’t think all the cycle lanes in London have been designed as well as they should have been. There are places where they perhaps cause too much of a problem for road users and they could have been designed in a smarter way.”

Words fail me. Wota****.

Entitled dick behaves like an entitled dick shocker

To be fair cycling up the inside is asking for trouble. Passenger in the rear opening door onto pavement to get out as no mirrors etc doubt he can be accused of recklessness

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
From the report I read I don't think he did all he could to check the cyclist was ok or his bike.

Maybe this accident will make him think a little more about cyclists, he certainly is going to have to be careful what he says in future as this will be flung in his face in future I imagine.

subaqua

What’s the point
To be fair cycling up the inside is asking for trouble. Passenger in the rear opening door onto pavement to get out as no mirrors etc doubt he can be accused of recklessness

kin ell. is there no rear windows or rear quarters to do a .... what they called.... oh yes shoulder check.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
“One thing he did say was that I was cycling too fast, which was not true,”

If he can opine that the rider was going too fast then he must have seen him before he opened the door - sounds like an admission of guilt to me. The rider should claim all damage and injuries from this victim-blaming daffodil.
But who would expect a door to open when the car was 3 feet away from the kerb, it's not like the 4x4 car had stopped to allow passengers to 'alight from the vehicle' is it.

EDIT so the sweary filter doesn't like the word I used to describe the vehicle, changing it to 4x4, I wonder if anyone can guess what I'd originally typed. :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom