Chris Grayling doors a cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
Yeah, yeah...
So you don't have a point?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I have never and don't wish to cycle in London, and I dare say that flying up the inside of standing traffic is the norm, however it is still not the safest of moves.

Filtering up the inside is normal, but you do need to be wary.

I don't think apportioning blame is especially helpful in this case - I mostly hope that both parties learn the lesson to be more careful in future, regardless of whether they were "at fault". Avoiding getting knocked off isn't always possible but the cyclist might have showed more of an instinct for self-preservation. And I'm sure Grayling would rather not have knocked the cyclist off, even if he thinks the cyclist was in the wrong, so hopefully he'll think about looking behind before opening car doors in future.

Lonestar

Veteran
This is the trouble with motorists when they let passengers off because they don't think.Why not just park preventing any sort of inside pass?

I had a mini cab driver let me off in the middle of the road at Wimbledon at the lights recently because he wanted to save time.I wasn't happy but was aware of the hazards.Not the safest way to exit a car but it was ok because I was looking for potential hazards.

As above ....If nothing else the driver is at fault for poor road positioning.

If they had signalled and pulled across to the kerb, the intention to drop off the passenger would have been made clear

D

Deleted member 26715

Where's the video of this happening, I can't see it, from the red & blue lights flashing in the distance on the video posted it appears to have already happened. Which begs the question why would he be alighting there anyway

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4599844, member: 45"]You can just see the door opening in the distance as the camera approaches.[/QUOTE]
Okay yep. after watching multiple times I can see something around 8 seconds

spen666

Legendary Member
As above ....If nothing else the driver is at fault for poor road positioning.

If they had signalled and pulled across to the kerb, the intention to drop off the passenger would have been made clear
That is assuming the driver knew Grayling was going to get out when he manouvered there.

It could be case that Grayling took opportunity in heavy traffic to get out whilst car is stationary.

We do not have sufficient facts to blame driver

And your point is?

I simply stated the law.
Grayling let (more LIKELY, told) his driver leave the scene of a RTC without exchanging details.

Tory MP tries to kill labour voter in car door slaughter shocker.

You'd be surprised how many tories cycle in London, particularly to jobs at banks

Also

Conservative-party-leader-001.jpg

Total speculation on your part.
i believe that the neither driver nor minister gave details to the cyclist.

So either the Minister directed his driver to exchange details with the cyclist which he should have done as his employer, the cause of the collilsion, a witness to the collision and the goddamn transport minister and the driver disobeyed this instruction and has presumably been fired for committing a technical hit-and-run and disobeying the minister.

OR

He didn't direct him to exchange details, thus "'let" him leave without doing so.

Or do you have a 3rd option? Maybe there was not incident at all, and it's a clever piece of CGI staged by the Guardian to trap a member of the Government.

Last edited:
That is assuming the driver knew Grayling was going to get out when he manouvered there.

It could be case that Grayling took opportunity in heavy traffic to get out whilst car is stationary.

We do not have sufficient facts to blame driver

The driver is responsible for the actions of the passengers...

Top Bottom