Christmas Day morning, anyone else...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BirdOnnaBike

Boxing Day I'd imagine as 2 of my kids have new bikes and will want to go out to the local Sustrans track. Not that I had an ulterior motive buying em new bikes, or anything...

G-Zero

Über Member
Yep, definitely, absolutely, without any shadow of a doubt. Doesn't matter what the weather is, be it snow, ice, rain, hail, sleet or thunder I'll grout on Christmas morning.

I have to commute into work you see.

Double time bandit :thumbsup:

G-Zero

Über Member
This year the steppies are spending Xmas day with their dad, which leaves Mrs G and myself the whole morning to play, before the outlaws turn up.

Mrs G has already mentioned going for a long run if she sobers up quickly enough, so there's me on the bike for a couple of hours.

D

Deleted member 1258

No chance, family days, the bikes are in the shed till after Xmas.

The Coventry Road Club Boxing day Cross is on and would make good mornings entertainment for those nearby.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coventry-Road-Club/134493399958710

2 weeks till Christmas!!! Which means 2 weeks tomorrow is the club's classic Boxing Day cyclo-cross promotion which has been going for almost 60 years now. Come down to Kenilworth Common on Boxing Day morning to watch the youngsters racing for free and then the main senior race. Best free entertainment you'll see all year!

Svendo

Guru
I will be out Christmas Day... commuting to work. And as it's not an actual bank holiday, no double pay either.
Hope to get a decent ride in on Boxing Day though.

I probably will pop out for a while, the weather forecast is a windy, dry, 10deg what a change from last year. I'm definitely popping out for a birthday ride on boxing day ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Seems a long time ago now, but I seem to remember when I used to cycle on Christmas morning I would see children out on their new bikes or scooters or whatever it was you could play with outdoors. Now of course it's a computer game or the latest x-box [is that right?] or something that removes the need for physical activity.
I've noticed that too, but one notable exception was a few years ago when a very excited young boy on a new mountain bike almost hit me as I walked down to the local shops. He was only about 7 years old and was unsupervised. He flew down the pavement and straight across the road on a LH bend in the town centre. He hadn't looked out for traffic or slowed down. On a normal day, he'd have stood a good chance of being hit by a car, but fortunately the Christmas roads were pretty much devoid of traffic. I wondered how many kids have been hurt or killed in accidents on their new bikes because their parents just let them loose and didn't keep an eye on them ...

2 weeks till Christmas!!! Which means 2 weeks tomorrow is the club's classic Boxing Day cyclo-cross promotion which has been going for almost 60 years now. Come down to Kenilworth Common on Boxing Day morning to watch the youngsters racing for free and then the main senior race. Best free entertainment you'll see all year!
I was born in Kenilworth, just across the road from the common and used to love playing there, and also watching the steam trains go by!

If I was down for Christmas, I'd certainly have considered riding over on my s/s bike to watch the CX but I'm still up here in Yorkshire spending some time with my stepdaughter and her family. I've just found out that my presence is not required for Christmas dinner until 13:30 so if I get up at a reasonable time in the morning, I could do a decent little ride. The forecast is that it will only be mild and drizzly so perhaps I will. It would be good to 'pre-burn' the extra food and drink calories I'll end up taking in later! :whistle:

Tomorrow morning, I'll be doing about 15 miles in total within the ring road of Norwich. It will be a leisurely ride as I will have my camera, note book and pencil with me as I seek out 15 additional clues to set for Wednesday's Norwich Alleycat treasure hunt.

Top Bottom