Christmas Day morning, anyone else...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I probably will pop out for a while, the weather forecast is a windy, dry, 10deg what a change from last year. I'm definitely popping out for a birthday ride on boxing day ;)

In case I'm not on in the next few days

Happy birthday for monday!!

I'm in trouble here for doing 30 miles with a pub stop with a mate today:becool: maybe a day off the bike tomorrow to compensate:thumbsup:

I will get a nice 20 miler in before I cook Xmas dinner on my shiny new Carbon
I have never seen a bike that you could cook your dinner on - what model is it?

Holdsworth

Über Member
Anyone been out this morning?

I only put in a measly 16 miles in the lanes north of Nantwich, I did plan on doing considerably more but I realised that being off the bike proper for so long would make it much too hard work. Even on this gentle (1hr 15mins) my asthma played up, must see the doctors to review my meds after the Christmas break.

I did however get a chance to try my new Koolstop dual compound pads out on the front. In my opinion, greatly improved stopping in the dry but still quite poor in the wet, not much effect on speed and a bit juddery. My rims were wiped clean (as much black residue taken off with toilet roll) only yesterday in an attempt to improve performance but I am not sure what good, if any, it has done. I was expecting better performance from the salmon compound with rims damp from occasional puddles or is this normal?

broomwagon

Never managed chrissy day but did some decent miles on the mt bike yesterday, all on the road, around Gee X, Marple, New Mills and home via Broadbottom, and then took in the local footy match.

I [we] did get out Christmas Day morning, did 44 miles in a fairly strong wind in the hills and that was enough on fixed, also 30 miles on Boxing Day when it was even windier. Been stuffing my face ever since. Actually not quite true, got up early today and went to the sales, what a load of c***, never, ever, ever, ever, ever again, in fact if anyone I know hears me say the word "sales" you have permission to slap me and take me out for a bike ride to knock some sense into me :smile:.

Top Bottom