Christmas dinner-the truth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Christmas eve .... visit Farm Foods .... purchase 2 microwave Christmas dinners .... 9 minutes total cooking time ......
And a bottle of gin ( other spirits are available ) and 2 bottles of prosecco ....

Christmas Morning ... Remove frozen bacon from the fridge, grill and insert into slices of of wholemeal bread .... serve with prosecco mixed with orange juice ........

Drink Gin and eat microwave dinners overwhelmed with the happiness that comes with not having the 4 children for Christmas this year :laugh:

We love you Uncle John ........^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
We had our Danish Christmas dinner with our immedite family last night. We had a great time. Everyone chipped in to help. Around the table we had Danes, Mexicans (Sister in law and two daughters) English and American (Nephews wife and her mother.)

Today we do Christmas with my brothers family where we will have Danes, English and Hungarian (Brothers partner). Again we will all help out and it will be stress free and a great laugh. It always is.

The stress comes when one family is left to do all the work.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Merry Christmas everybody. I think I am off on a short ride. 2019 hasn't been much of a year for the bike. Mercedes Spine put paid to just about all riding.

Now however, a mountain of potatoes have been peeled (roast and some for mash), parsnips have been buttered, Yorkshire pudding batter is forming gluten strings and the chestnuts are ready for a quick blast prior to becoming stuffing.

Cooking is a lot less stressful since we stopped eating meat. My parents are en route with an organic Riverford turkey crown for them and maybe for wife and son (very occasional meat eaters).

Have a good one whatever you're eating and once again, Merry Christmas.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am torn between chicken tikka, a risotto or a cheese and tuna salad.
There is only me. I have my Saluki, Toffee and a new Greyhound (8 years old, adopted and collected yesterday) called Blue. As you can see by Toffee in his duvet, they are not spoiled.

I will decide on Christmas lunch after a quick ride. 497838

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Count me in as being a huge fan of a big Christmas dinner. Mind you, I do most of the cooking and I have absolutely no stress or marketing hype whatsoever. I consider it one of my favourite things to do to give to the family (and I think it's safe to say my kids love it). Living over here in the States, Xmas Day Dinner isn't as big a thing, and it's one English thing I really like to do, Crackers 'n all. I usually have 18 people in total.

While I agree with Bisto gravy (even my non-vegetarian child prefers it to the "real" meat gravy), I do take pride in making my own stuffing -though it has to be said for the time involved and amount of butter used, I only ever make this xmas day (makes it much more special anyway).

As with many things, it's as big and as stressful as you allow to be. Though I will say I do partake in more than a few G&Ts starting at midday when I cook, so that could be the secret :smile:

Last edited:

Landsurfer

Veteran
I cook 6 days out of 7 all year round in our house .... today our daughter has been allowed to visit so i am sitting things out .... playing with the children ... ok sorting out their phone and pad settings ..... it's nice ........ ^_^

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Count me in as being a huge fan of a big Christmas dinner. Mind you, I do most of the cooking and I have absolutely no stress or marketing hype whatsoever. I consider it one of my favourite things to do to give to the family (and I think it's safe to say my kids love it). Living over here in the States, Xmas Day Dinner isn't as big a thing, and it's one English thing I really like to do, Crackers 'n all. I usually have 18 people in total.

While I agree with Bisto gravy (even my non-vegetarian child prefers it to the "real" meat gravy), I do take pride in making my own stuffing -though it has to be said for the time involved and amount of butter used, I only ever make this xmas day (makes it much more special anyway).

As with many things, it's as big and as stressful as you allow to be. Though I will say I do partake in more than a few G&Ts starting at midday when I cook, so that could be the secret :smile:
Well played :-)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Et voila! An Italian fest :-)

And very scrummy it was too! Washed down with a very special bottle of wine....

Top Bottom