Christmas presents you'd really like to receive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fat Lars

About 4 years ago I had a bit of a falling out with my close family (not my wife) and although all back to normal now I've continued with the practice of not giving out Christmas or Birthday presents. It started with me reaching a milestone birthday and insisting that no on was to buy me anything and that was to include Christmas. My wife and I had until then not bought each other anything but just bought ourselves stuff and said that this was to be treated as a Christmas or Birthday present.
This year my wife is going to see a play in the West End National Theatre. Not really something I want to do given the circumstances. So she is treating that as her Christmas present and she will make day of it. Happy as Larry she is probably because it's time spent well away from me.^_^
I've bought my self new shoes and a belt and gloves all to my taste and spec.
In the past my daughter had presented us with a list of apparel to fit the grandchildren; sizes colours and even which web site to order online. Now for me the pleasure in the giving of a present is the spontaneity and surprise and the telling us what to get didn't do it for me. Now as she is not buying me a or my wife anything theoretically the money is available for her to do something constructive for her and not buy me something that isn't 100% what I want or need. Merry Christmas.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I've found something that would do:

https://www.knightfrank.com/properties/residential...

PK99

Legendary Member
We are well beyond Peak Stuff and well into Declutter Mode, so stuff as gifts is generally frowned upon. Experiences are preferred - preferably ones involving food.

Highlights from Daughters have been:

# Cook and Dine Day at 1* Michelin restaurant. Great fun being Chef's little helper for a morning followed by 6-course lunch

# Dinner at Dans le Noir restaurant, Total blackout, service by blind waiters. Set menu and wines.

# Forage and Feast morning on the beach below White Cliffs at Dover

# Tutored session at London Gin Club

All of which were complete surprises.....More of similar would be good.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
About 4 years ago I had a bit of a falling out with my close family (not my wife) and although all back to normal now I've continued with the practice of not giving out Christmas or Birthday presents. It started with me reaching a milestone birthday and insisting that no on was to buy me anything and that was to include Christmas. My wife and I had until then not bought each other anything but just bought ourselves stuff and said that this was to be treated as a Christmas or Birthday present.
This year my wife is going to see a play in the West End National Theatre. Not really something I want to do given the circumstances. So she is treating that as her Christmas present and she will make day of it. Happy as Larry she is probably because it's time spent well away from me.^_^
me and mrs ck are the same, she wanted a phone and i got some new pedals albeit from the knockdown bin at the lbs.

Aside from that walk along a beach and, perhaps a sweet kiss at the end of it, some bits for my archive would be nice. :blush: There's always a photo that I haven't seen or a programme I haven't got...

Beyond that, there's nothing that I'd want or need.

The best gifts are the little things that mean the most, usually the smile on someone's face when you give them a jar or box of something homemade - the till ladies in Tesco, the postie, the friend who loves the bread you bake... It's not about spending daft sums of money just because you feel obliged.

Top Bottom