Claud Butler Sierra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'll see how well it cleans up before making the final decision, but its not that old or historically significant so if that's the best way forward I'll have no qualms.

classic33

Leg End Member
Let me get the blummen thing first Mr Rash!
Elbow grease at the ready?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Yep, lashings of Duck Oil on standby ready to slather everywhere for cleaning/un-seizing/derusting purposes. Hopefully new tyres, choobs, cables, brake blocks, chain, and plenty of time will bring it back without having to resort to soaking bits in oxywotsit acid.

Yep, lashings of Duck Oil on standby ready to slather everywhere for cleaning/un-seizing/derusting purposes. Hopefully new tyres, choobs, cables, brake blocks, chain, and plenty of time will bring it back without having to resort to soaking bits in oxywotsit acid.

I hope you are adding bar tape to that list. Nothing screams "80s bike" more than that sponge stuff: comfy but sweaty when it's hot and squelchy in the rain.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I bet you will need a longer stem

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Getting excited now. I've bookmarked a shopping list of tyres, cables, brake blocks etc that I'm likely to need. Once I can eyeball the bike close up and confirm the condition I'll pull the trigger.

Two concessions to modernity - Schwalbe puncture resistant amberwall tyres, and Shimano M540 SPDs.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Getting excited now. I've bookmarked a shopping list of tyres, cables, brake blocks etc that I'm likely to need. Once I can eyeball the bike close up and confirm the condition I'll pull the trigger.

Two concessions to modernity - Schwalbe puncture resistant amberwall tyres, and Shimano M540 SPDs.

i presume its on 27" wheels not 700's ?

if so i have been using these with a gumwall option https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tyres/gumwall-schwalbe-hs159-tyre-27-x-1-14-inch-2832630/

Top Bottom