Cleat positioning jig / tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
I can just remember xray shoe size machines.... At least the cleat device isn't going to kill you lol

shoe-fitting_1-1.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Had a cleat fitting done nearly a decade ago, as part of a bike fitting. With every new set of shoes or cleats, I just put them in the same place. Seems to work out just fine.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Which is why I asked do they did them sitting down, have you done the sit on a table test..
Ahhhh i see what you are getting at now . No , you dont just stand in the jig . The operator holds your leg and you let your foot take its natural position . He then lowers your foot onto the jig and goes from there .
At least thats what i think he was doing , i was more interested in him hurting my foot everytime he pressed his thumb onto my toes :eek:

GilesM

Legendary Member
The website uses an amazingly florid dialect of gibberish . . .

I agree, it does a wee bit, but I guess if they just said our lovely new fangled machine thingy puts your cleats in the right place, some might not be so impressed. It used to be a pain in the proper old times when plates were nailed to the bottom of the shoes, but since they've been screwed on, (and that was before Look invented the clipless pedal) they've been pretty simple to get right.

Top Bottom