Clipless moment #1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got away with it for so long since going clipless, I was starting to scorn these clipless moments as things suffered by lesser mortals. Twisting the foot isn't that difficult a concept is it? I mean, come on..it becomes second nature, how can anyone forget to unclip?

...Until you are on overgrown singletrack with a hidden patch of really sandy ground. With nettles to the side. :wahhey:

I was glad that I still had the tube of Lanacane left over from last year's episode of adult Chicken Pox!

I'm also glad that I didn't have the cam with me! :shy:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oops

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
It was of course OBVIOUSLY down to the VP pedals on my MTB not being the same quality as the Shimano ones on my other bikes that I am used to, and nothing to do with rider error.

And I'm sticking to that!!! :wahhey::tongue::tongue:

Rebel Ian

One of the girls at work tried her new SPDs at Christmas. Got to the end of her road and decided it was too cold for a ride (she was born in Elgin for heaven's sake!!!). Tried to turn round slowly and forgot about being clipped in. Fell off and somehow managed to fracture BOTH elbows! One maybe is understandable but not both!!

At least yours wasn't as bad as that!

Jmetz

Rebel Ian said:
One of the girls at work tried her new SPDs at Christmas. Got to the end of her road and decided it was too cold for a ride (she was born in Elgin for heaven's sake!!!). Tried to turn round slowly and forgot about being clipped in. Fell off and somehow managed to fracture BOTH elbows! One maybe is understandable but not both!!

At least yours wasn't as bad as that!

That is an achievement in itself which deserves major recognition

George

I was just turning a corner last week and came off on some dried mud on a very worn surface. Don't think being clipless or cleatless would have made a difference. Still got a lump the size of a golf ball on my elbow. My pedals can be used clipped in or clipless. There are cleat sockets either side of the pedal which swivel horizontally if you want to go clipless then spring back. I recommend them to anyone who struggles with cleats.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Ouch. That doesn't sound great. On the plus side, you can at least medicate for nettles. The sting of a laughing crowd lasts for weeks.

(My first clip-less, at the top of the local high street, opposite a pub, triggered by stopping to talk to a table full of mates in the pub garden. Ack...)

DavieB

MIA
NormanD said:
Check the tension settings on the pedals, I set my spd's to the lowest, then give it four clicks to the right, easy to clip in and out and feels firm when clipped in.

Its getting the front bit lined up, the pedals always end up the wrong way round :wacko: Look Keo brand.

Top Bottom