Clocks Go Forward Tonight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Next weekend Victoria changes back to AEST (Aust Eastern Std Time), so Australia will be back to having only 3 time zones instead of 5:
  • AWST (Aust Western Std Time, GMT+8) in Western Aust;
  • ACST (Aust Central Std Time, GMT+9.5) in Sth Aust, Northern Territory, and the town of Broken Hill in NSW; and
  • AEST (Aust Eastern Std Time, GMT+10) in Qld, NSW, ACT, Vic and Tas.
When we do have Daylight Savings, i.e. right now, the time zones are as follows:
  • AWST (Aust Western Std Time, GMT+8) in Western Aust, which doesn't observe Daylight Savings;
  • ACST (Aust Central Std Time, GMT+9.5) in Northern Territory, which doesn't observe Daylight Savings;
  • AEDT (Aust Eastern Std Time, GMT+10) in Qld, which doesn't observe Daylight Savings;
  • ACDT (Aust Central Daylight Time, GMT+10.5) in Sth Aust, and the town of Broken Hill in NSW;
  • AEST (Aust Eastern Daylight Time, GMT+11) in NSW, ACT, Vic and Tas.
Is your head spinning yet? Mine is. :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
Next weekend Victoria changes back to AEST (Aust Eastern Std Time), so Australia will be back to having only 3 time zones instead of 5:
  • ACST (Aust Central Std Time, GMT+9.5) in Sth Aust, Northern Territory, and the town of Broken Hill in NSW; and
When we do have Daylight Savings, i.e. right now, the time zones are as follows:
  • AWST (Aust Western Std Time, GMT+8) in Western Aust, which doesn't observe Daylight Savings;
  • ACST (Aust Central Std Time, GMT+9.5) in Northern Territory, which doesn't observe Daylight Savings;
  • AEDT (Aust Eastern Std Time, GMT+10) in Qld, which doesn't observe Daylight Savings;
  • ACDT (Aust Central Daylight Time, GMT+10.5) in Sth Aust, and the town of Broken Hill in NSW;
@Accy cyclist was getting ahead of himself. Its only 02:23

It took me a while to get used to the sun's path on both occasions I was in Australia. Not that the sun sets in the west, but it goes from right to left, as you look up to the horizon whereas we look down to the horizon and have a left to right view of the sun's path.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It took me a while to get used to the sun's path on both occasions I was in Australia. Not that the sun sets in the west, but it goes from right to left, as you look up to the horizon whereas we look down to the horizon and have a left to right view of the sun's path.
Agreed. The 2 times I travelled to Europe, I found the difference quite unsettling.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I just checked the sunset and full-dark times for my local area: full dark is currently at 19:44, so when Daylight Savings finishes, it will be a bit earlier than 18:44, which should make sleeping easier. :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well whoop-de-doo; if it isn't British summer time! I just can't wait for all those lighter evenings so that I can sit with my curtains open, watching the rain being blown against my windows by the gale force winds (yes, I have just read the weather forecast for the coming week and beyond :rolleyes:).

Brilliant
but keep BST as it gets dark later

Leave them on GMT, winter time! It's light until about 7.00 pm pre change of clocks anyway, who needs daylight at 11pm? (To pre-empt the obvious reply, get some lights for it!). It's a ridiculous situation having Greenwich on GMT+1. :wacko:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I woke at 7,55instead of 6,55..I dont need an alarm clock but we have one as chris evans makes sure I get up in under a second..light evenings again ....takes a few days to reset my internal clock

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Well whoop-de-doo; if it isn't British summer time! I just can't wait for all those lighter evenings so that I can sit with my curtains open, watching the rain being blown against my windows by the gale force winds (yes, I have just read the weather forecast for the coming week and beyond :rolleyes:).
In that case I'm going to delay packing away my Turbo Trainer until the storm has passed.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It is almost 6 a.m. where I am, but it is 7 a.m. in Indiana, except the Northeastern and Southeastern Counties, where it is also 6 a.m. Part of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan(Da Yoop, according Mrs. GA) is on our time, but once you get out into the part not next to Wisconsin, it is an hour later. As you can see, some bits of Arizona do not observe Daylight Savings Time, and others do.
2000px-US-Timezones.svg.png

Top Bottom