Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I"d look more closely classic.
Your picture isn't one i recognise from some recent visits.
In one, and this was before the stricter measures i was politely but firmly asked/told to give my details before ordering and even before taking my cycling mitts off.
Anywhere near the town centre?

DRM

Guru
You do realise that some of the people on here may have middle managemnet or management jobs, you may even be one yourself, I still go by not all are bad.
But I never said all management are bad, just the reason why warehouses are rammed with temps, and the attitude of some, I standby what I say about the temps being cannon fodder

Reactions: C R
Anywhere near the town centre?
Not sure why you ask.
That particular episode was in a town centre, wimborne minster, here.

That's a light buff/facemask hanging over the bars.
All of the pubs i have been in were town centre ones.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not sure why you ask.
That particular episode was in a town centre, wimborne minster, here.
View attachment 551009

That's a light buff/facemask hanging over the bars.
All of the pubs i have been in were town centre ones.
I thought you meant up here. Which is where it developed from.
I'd posted earlier on local restrictions seen. Apologies if you thought it was meant for/aimed at you.

lane

Veteran
But I never said all management are bad, just the reason why warehouses are rammed with temps, and the attitude of some, I standby what I say about the temps being cannon fodder

Some senior management in various sectors do not prioritize the health and safety of employees where Covid is concerned over other goals. The thing is if they took a slightly longer term view it might well pay them to do so. There is also an immense amount of genuine ignorance in some senior positions - either that or willful ignorance I am never quite sure. To be fair also a heck of lot of window dressing aided and abetted by the Government down.

Edit - and some good managers who actually do give a toss and know it makes sense for the business as well.

screenman

Legendary Member
Some senior management in various sectors do not prioritize the health and safety of employees where Covid is concerned over other goals. The thing is if they took a slightly longer term view it might well pay them to do so. There is also an immense amount of genuine ignorance in some senior positions - either that or willful ignorance I am never quite sure. To be fair also a heck of lot of window dressing aided and abetted by the Government down.

Edit - and some good managers who actually do give a toss and know it makes sense for the business as well.

If you are not one already why not become a manager so that you can show others how it should be done.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
If you are not one already why not become a manager so that you can show others how it should be done.

Management roles in many organisations are unattractive propositions for anyone in a skilled job who does a bit of overtime. The blokes often earn more money than their boss, don't have to make themselves available 24/7, don't take their workload home with them, and aren't sitting indoors churning out work-related emails at eleven o'clock at night. Oh, and they don't need to sycophantically pretend to their senior managers that the newest organisation initiative to improve "efficiency" is brilliant, when actually it will turn out to be a complete shitshow and the seniors will just blame the resulting failure of the idea to improve anything on the juniors for not implementing it properly.
The majority of junior managers now in post on my job were previously the BS artists who could talk a good job, were happy to kiss a few arses, but couldn't hack it themselves at the sharp end - which is why they went into management roles. They command near-zero respect and struggle to deliver anything because they can't generate the necessary can-do goodwill attitude from their subordinates that actually gets things done.
Most of them don't give a shoot about the welfare of their staff, just paying lip service to the official touchy-feely HR policies because they have to be seen to, but in reality all they care about is staying off their own bosses radar for underperformance.

mikeIow

Guru
Wow, you definitely live in a very different world to me John and for that I am truly thankful.
Curiously, I find John’s assessment is pretty reasonable for many large organisations.....
My boss confirms it frequently (he is a rare breed who enjoys the “doing” more than the “managing”, but commands much respect from his team and gets things done that need doing!)

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Curiously, I find John’s assessment is pretty reasonable for many large organisations.....
My boss confirms it frequently (he is a rare breed who enjoys the “doing” more than the “managing”, but commands much respect from his team and gets things done that need doing!)

My old guvnor who retired after 37 years in April was brilliant, and everyone gave him 110% effort as a mark of respect. His replacement is tolerable, but not in the same league. He just gets the bare bones amount of commitment, and nothing more than that. Some of the managers who are really disliked, couldn't get their staff to piss on them if they were on fire. Total lack of employee engagement.

DRM

Guru
Wow, you definitely live in a very different world to me John and for that I am truly thankful.
I find that Skipdiver John has hit the nail firmly on the head, in my experience a management role is exactly as he describes, for an extra £500 a year, all the above is yours along with dealing with emails whilst on holiday, and they wonder why nobody wants these positions.
All these people are are sh*t shields for those way on high who make all the right noises, but in reality prevent anything getting done.

Slick

Guru
I find that Skipdiver John has hit the nail firmly on the head, in my experience a management role is exactly as he describes, for an extra £500 a year, all the above is yours along with dealing with emails whilst on holiday, and they wonder why nobody wants these positions.
All these people are are sh*t shields for those way on high who make all the right noises, but in reality prevent anything getting done.
Your either in the wrong job or doing it wrong but either way we are all just a product of our own experiences and it's as far removed from mine as is possible.

Top Bottom