Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
So if asked you give your correct details?

I do but only if specifically asked to. If I go in somewhere and don't get challenged, then I say nothing. More often than not, if it's somewhere I've been before and my face is familiar I don't get asked. Staff seem to be concentrating on new faces not regular customers. I can understand why, it must be a right pain in the arse having to ask customers umpteen times a day for details. They are probably more diligent with strangers in case someone is checking they are complying. Anyone who knows me also knows I'm not about to grass them up for ignoring something I don't agree with in the first place!

screenman

Legendary Member
I do but only if specifically asked to. If I go in somewhere and don't get challenged, then I say nothing. More often than not, if it's somewhere I've been before and my face is familiar I don't get asked. Staff seem to be concentrating on new faces not regular customers. I can understand why, it must be a right pain in the arse having to ask customers umpteen times a day for details. They are probably more diligent with strangers in case someone is checking they are complying. Anyone who knows me also knows I'm not about to grass them up for ignoring something I don't agree with in the first place!

So you care about others that break the rules, but less so those that stick to them, seems odd to a lot of us.

DRM

Guru
I think there are many people in management who are caring citizens.
Not from what I have seen in several large distribution centres, they only care about KPI's and pick numbers, hence hoards of temps being trained ready to take over as soon as other staff are off sick, and in one at the height of the first wave staff were not allowed wear masks as "it's scare mongering" that came from the warehouse manager.

Reactions: C R

screenman

Legendary Member
Not from what I have seen in several large distribution centres, they only care about KPI's and pick numbers, hence hoards of temps being trained ready to take over as soon as other staff are off sick, and in one at the height of the first wave staff were not allowed wear masks as "it's scare mongering" that came from the warehouse manager.

With all due respect it is possible you only know the bad one's.

screenman

Legendary Member
Well I can't blame you for not searching out folks to give your details to but those places not asking you should be called to account.
Not asking on the grounds that they recognise you is just bonkers. Irrelevant.

Do they know him as the bloke who goes through skips, or have all his contact details? I agree if a business is not doing things properly they deserve to be punished.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Why do we need to check into venues then if proximity between phones is how it works?
It's so the venue can be contact and told they are a possible source of translation. It also help local public health track case numbers on the ground at a very local level. One outbreak at one venue is not a big issue but if multiple start showing cases at the venue. That's a problem and they are likely to get a visit by public health.

DRM

Guru
With all due respect it is possible you only know the bad one's.
No, it’s all the huge ones, they are run on behalf of large national companies by huge logistics companies, it’s also convenient that when one of their trucks runs you off the road and you complain they tell you that they don’t run a fleet of trucks and it’s all subcontracted out to a third party, thereby conveniently washing their hands of the whole thing.

pawl

Legendary Member
I've got no intention of being told what I can or can't do for two weeks by some medically unqualified call centre drone employed by the likes of Serco. They can go and do one as far as I'm concerned. If I have actual virus symptoms I'll stay away from others until they disappear. If I don't get any symptoms I won't be isolating and I won't be playing the game by making myself traceable in the first place.

Your attitude like many others is probably why the incidents of the virus are rising Yes I have the app.If I have been in contact with COVID 19 I want to be able to protect family and friends

You obviously don’t care or you don’t have family or friends you think worth protecting .It will be to late when the symptoms appear the damage will have been done.

gavgav

Legendary Member
So why bother having a test then?
You only have a test if you have symptoms. The discussion was about those self isolating without symptoms. In an ideal world we would all be able to self test, every day and if negative we would be able to go about our daily business. It won’t happen....

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
Why should "a bunch of cycling enthusiasts" be any different to any other group of people?

What we seem to have in common with any other group is that some don't feel the rules should apply to them.

I shouldn't be allowed out, high risk group, according to some. This to allow them to carry on as they want to. It's their right, what about my rights? I want this over and done with as soon as possible, with a return to "normal" as soon as possible. But I'm well aware that whatever comes after this, will not be the same as before.

Also, with people flouting the rules and trying to say the law doesn't apply to them, they are simply extending it for all of us. I want to start being treated for long term conditions again. Everything stopped when this started. I'm managing three long term conditions by myself, on top of the current situation. Why should my health be put at risk, not being treated, because some people just don't want to accept that the law applies to them as it does me.

unfortunately there are to many people who don’t understand who dangerous to a lot of the population.I think when I see the number of deaths hells teeth that’s the equivalent of a football stadium

By age I am in the at risk bracket I don’t have any underlying health conditions.I am still careful about where I visit in terms of how busy it is.If I feel it to be unsafe I will walk away

screenman

Legendary Member
No, it’s all the huge ones, they are run on behalf of large national companies by huge logistics companies, it’s also convenient that when one of their trucks runs you off the road and you complain they tell you that they don’t run a fleet of trucks and it’s all subcontracted out to a third party, thereby conveniently washing their hands of the whole thing.

You do realise that some of the people on here may have middle managemnet or management jobs, you may even be one yourself, I still go by not all are bad.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
How does our Police State expect you to eat?
Or do they take the view that starvation doesn't count towards the protecting the National Virus Service death total so you won't officially be dead?
If you are officially told to self isolate you should be offered a delivery service of a standard basic box or a food delivery service of your choice. This service may of course now be stopped but it operated during the lockdown. The local council were the people who coordinated this I think. This was for those living on their own with no other assistance.

Top Bottom