Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thats ridiculous though, people won't be able to get paid for all this time off work. What about the guys who are temps in warehouses and logistics centres, they need that money, if they brush past someone with COVID who might not know they've got it, they're out of a job!
Statutory sick pay?

Reactions: C R

cambsno

How does this work for professional footballers then?

I see that Sadio Mane tested positive and having played Arsenal two days before...he would have been more than 1m inside someone, even spat on the ground, tackled, hugged and high fived his way off, got changed, showered next to someone, had a rub down the next day from the club medics.... it goes on and on....

Did the whole Arsenal team get a text message the same as mine?? did Mane's rub down guy get one?? Did the Liverpool players who helped him celebrate his goal get one ?? No because they all played yesterday as did Arsenal. Thats when you understand why some people are up in arms about it.

Maybe thats why they lost 7-2 !!!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm just curious.

Self isolation finished and you show no symptoms and you're free to leave the house. You go for shopping and when you come back home the app says that you've been in a close contact with somebody who has got covid.

What should you do? Self isolate for another 14 days again?
If you went shopping how likely is it you stood next to someone for 15 minutes.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Thats ridiculous though, people won't be able to get paid for all this time off work. What about the guys who are temps in warehouses and logistics centres, they need that money, if they brush past someone with COVID who might not know they've got it, they're out of a job!
Brushing by someone is irrelevant to the app. It would have no impact nor create an alert.

snorri

Legendary Member
The MP obviously thought it was OK otherwise they wouldn't have done it....... like the Labour one who went to the funeral
Why, out of 650 MPs do you choose to model your behaviour on that of the two who have broken the rules?

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Isn't it inside 1m for 1min ?
My understanding is it is two metres for 15 minutes. Realistically it has to be a reasonable period or the entire country would be in quarantine.

I was at a cafe today. The waitress was within two metres for a couple of minutes. There have to be practical aspects to this.

With some reading around all the relevant information is available on .gov.uk or in the NHS app. Can I suggest you spend some of your time researching it. It's your best option rather than relying on a bunch of random internet opinions.

Top Bottom