Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have a hearing aid repair tomorrow and I will also see if he will test volume for me. So I can stay away from people I have booked a 07-30 appointment.Trying my best to stay away from people.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
As far as I'm.... bla de bla de bla bla, same old me me me

Two wrongs do not make one right.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
to clarify skipdiver, are you just saying you don't want to use the app/have it continuously switched on/monitoring your movements/who you end up close to, or are you saying that you are going into places such as pubs where you have to give your details (either on paper or online) and NOT giving them your details or true details?

edit - last three words added pending an answer.

I haven't got the tracing app and have no intention of downloading it, despite work trying to promote it. As regards giving details at venues, I don't volunteer any information. If I go somewhere and they don't bother to ask, then I tell them nothing. I only give any details if actively asked for them. I haven't told anyone I'm Donald Trump or Mickey Mouse either.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
70% of people who have the virus don't have symptoms. .

It's just as likely that it could be you infecting other people with the virus then, not me. Those of us who object to the various knee-jerk coronavirus policies don't have a monopoly on being virus carriers. All the pro-lockdown nanny state do-gooders who enjoy lecturing everyone else are just as much of an infection conduit.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's just as likely that it could be you infecting other people with the virus then, not me. Those of us who object to the various knee-jerk coronavirus policies don't have a monopoly on being virus carriers. All the pro-lockdown nanny state do-gooders who enjoy lecturing everyone else are just as much of an infection conduit.
But we're minimizing close contact, whilst complying with current law on contact details being required to be given.

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

Well, I've not left this one bedroom since Friday, not even seen my kids in the other room since then! And i'm still 100% ! I have to go until Thursday.

Like most say on here, the guy I had the very minimal contact with (and it's the first proper person I've known to get it), hasn't a damn clue where he got it from as he'd been staying well out the way of everyone, he can only think it's from playing golf. It just shows you the 2m rule is there for a reason and most people don't adhere to it, they stand talking to each other as they would normally, no masks, they think "I won't get this, it won't happen to me"......I've been dealt a stark reminder, so I hope its just an arrow across my brow and I don't start to develop symptoms.

Stay 2m apart people and don't be afraid to tell people to move back or move away, there's no other way.

Well said @plastic_cyclist!

@SkipdiverJohn the official guidance is that your infectious up to 4 days before you show symptoms or give a positive test if not showing symptoms and then required to isolate for 10 days. Your contacts are required to isolate for 14 days because for the first four days before you isolated you could have infected them and they do the extra days to “break” the chain.

Personally, I think it’s a selfish attitude to take to carry on as normal. You could contact me in a social setting such as at a coffee house and I then go and visit my parents and infect them who in turn go and visit their parents who then contract Covid and potentially die all because you didn’t bother to isolate; as Boris said, regardless of what you think of him your not just taking a risk for yourself your risking the health of others.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Re Turbo trainer:-

PS It's also a good way to see how any illness has affected you - at least you don't have to fall off at speed. When I wasn't well in December I wasn't well enough to ride, but I did get on the turbo - mistake. Power right down, heart rate not getting up. At least I hadn't left the garage.

There are quite a few on another 'cycling forum' that have been hit by long covid, and they can tell all their outputs are down - safe way to do it on a turbo. Some felt ill for days after trying a little exercise.

Which cycling forum is that?

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

And...anyway, how much are Turbo trainers and are they like everything ! by that I mean, there's good ones (£££), there's really good ones (£££££££) and there's the happy shopper versions !!

So let me get this right, If I was to download the NHS APP and visit KFC for example and check in this afternoon.

Someone else who also has the APP visits the same establishment and then some days later was proven to have Covid I would then need to stay at home and not go to work for 2 weeks?

Even though I show no signs of the disease and may have been nowhere near this person as I would have been sitting either alone or with people I know?

Surely you can see why people are loath to download this APP?

Top Bottom