Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juliansou

Yes - I missed the bit about being instructed by test & trace.

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

Yes good point re: accident whilst isolating.

I was contacted by NHS by text then phone call. I suppose the guy had to name me as he was thinking about it’s knock on effect rather than my holiday!

Even if you test negative you still need to Isolate they said.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Some of us care about others, we know by now you do not.

I've got no intention of being told what I can or can't do for two weeks by some medically unqualified call centre drone employed by the likes of Serco. They can go and do one as far as I'm concerned. If I have actual virus symptoms I'll stay away from others until they disappear. If I don't get any symptoms I won't be isolating and I won't be playing the game by making myself traceable in the first place.

lane

Veteran
I've got no intention of being told what I can or can't do for two weeks by some medically unqualified call centre drone employed by the likes of Serco. They can go and do one as far as I'm concerned. If I have actual virus symptoms I'll stay away from others until they disappear. If I don't get any symptoms I won't be isolating and I won't be playing the game by making myself traceable in the first place.

Sadly you are far from alone in taking that view

screenman

Legendary Member

You do realize you will be spreading it before you know you have it.

classic33

Leg End Member
The symptoms or the other people?

You are qualified to say if you are positive, symptom wise. Not just going off something you read on t'internet.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Sadly you are far from alone in taking that view

I'm just honest about it. I don't virtue signal about how we must all beat the virus publicly then do the opposite in private.

You do realize you will be spreading it before you know you have it.

It's possible yes. but then you could also be spreading it without symptoms right now even if you have not been traced as a contact. Any of us potentially could have the virus, unless already previously infected. What do you expect, everybody in the country to isolate themselves just in case? There has to be a balance between getting on with daily life and not knowingly spreading the virus. For me, the balance is if I have symptoms I'll keep away from others as much as possible, if I don't I won't.

The symptoms or the other people?

You are qualified to say if you are positive, symptom wise. Not just going off something you read on t'internet.

Symptoms until they clear up.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm just honest about it. I don't virtue signal about how we must all beat the virus publicly then do the opposite in private.

It's possible yes. but then you could also be spreading it without symptoms right now even if you have not been traced as a contact. Any of us potentially could have the virus, unless already previously infected. What do you expect, everybody in the country to isolate themselves just in case? There has to be a balance between getting on with daily life and not knowingly spreading the virus. For me, the balance is if I have symptoms I'll keep away from others as much as possible, if I don't I won't.

Symptoms until they clear up.
And you're qualified to say that you're clear, and can no longer be infected(Immune)?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom