Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I've got no intention of being told what I can or can't do for two weeks by some medically unqualified call centre drone employed by the likes of Serco. They can go and do one as far as I'm concerned. If I have actual virus symptoms I'll stay away from others until they disappear. If I don't get any symptoms I won't be isolating and I won't be playing the game by making myself traceable in the first place.

Take it the same applies if your contacted by a clinical contact tracer?
You do know under current Covid law if public health consider you a danger to health they can forcibly detain you for 14 days and request you take a test. If after 14 days they still believe your danger or refuse a test they can detain you for another 14 days.

As for a game it not a game it’s public health which is everyone’s concern or should be.

lane

Veteran
Government failed to enter 16,000 tests in the system last week so they were not contacted by test and trace FFS

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Take it the same applies if your contacted by a clinical contact tracer?
You do know under current Covid law if public health consider you a danger to health they can forcibly detain you for 14 days and request you take a test. If after 14 days they still believe your danger or refuse a test they can detain you for another 14 days.

As for a game it not a game it’s public health which is everyone’s concern or should be.

Isolation compliance is reckoned to be only around 20% of people doing it fully by the book. The other 80% are either not isolating at all, or are only partially isolating.
Just face facts; regardless of how you believe people ought to behave, and how the government is bossing people around and telling them to behave, the majority aren't willing to accept that level of disruption and restriction to their lives. You can quote rules and regulations as much as you like but millions like me are not going to take orders from hypocrite politicians in suits. After all, if it's OK for an SNP MP, to travel on a train with virus symptoms, and then travel on another train after actually testing positive, then I don't see why a different set of rules should apply to the rest of us. And before someone mentions Cummings, he might have bent the rules a bit but at least he travelled in his own car away from others, not on a train with hundreds of other passengers.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
So one or two stupid politicians are the reason you want to ignore the safety of others, just be honest in that you do not give a fig about other people, surely there are people around you that you care about way more than yourself. It is a numbers game.

As far as I'm concerned if I stay well away from people I know personally who are at high risk, and avoid as much contact as possible with everyone if I actually have the virus symptoms, then I'm doing my bit. I haven't travelled several hundred miles shut in a confined space along with hundreds of other people knowingly spreading the virus whilst at the same time virtue-signalling and lecturing everyone else about their own behaviour, so I won't be taking my orders from these hypocrites.

screenman

Legendary Member
As far as I'm concerned if I stay well away from people I know personally who are at high risk, and avoid as much contact as possible with everyone if I actually have the virus symptoms, then I'm doing my bit. I haven't travelled several hundred miles shut in a confined space along with hundreds of other people knowingly spreading the virus whilst at the same time virtue-signalling and lecturing everyone else about their own behaviour, so I won't be taking my orders from these hypocrites.

How will you know if you are spreading or not though? In all honesty you are no better than that politician if you are not prepared to mask up and play by the rules in my opinion.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
So really you don't give a stuff about anyone other than yourself and people you know.
Hypocrite politicians and their advisors shouldn't be your benchmark, but those who have sacrificed themselves in many ways in the last few months, for the benefit of the greater good and for people they don't know.

tom73

Guru
Think he’d find even politicians won’t let him in.
2 facts for you John you want to go back to “normal“ people like you are making that even harder and helping to make this last even longer.
2 People like you have and are still are killing people not to mention the many 1000‘s left with life changing health effects from Covid.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
if it's OK for an SNP MP, to travel on a train with virus symptoms,

Literally nobody has said this was ok.

Indeed, the only person saying selfish behaviour to spread the virus is OK is...

...you.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Literally nobody has said this was ok.

The MP obviously thought it was OK otherwise they wouldn't have done it - not just the once either, but twice. There's a few other MP's that have ignored the rules too, like the Labour one who went to the funeral with 50 others during the lockdown The level of hypocricy and arrogance here is astounding, and I bet if she hadn't been rumbled neither she or Kim Jong Sturgeon would have said a word about it. The latter knew about this incident before she is letting on too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get one if you want to ride

Re Turbo trainer:-

PS It's also a good way to see how any illness has affected you - at least you don't have to fall off at speed. When I wasn't well in December I wasn't well enough to ride, but I did get on the turbo - mistake. Power right down, heart rate not getting up. At least I hadn't left the garage.

There are quite a few on another 'cycling forum' that have been hit by long covid, and they can tell all their outputs are down - safe way to do it on a turbo. Some felt ill for days after trying a little exercise.

to clarify skipdiver, are you just saying you don't want to use the app/have it continuously switched on/monitoring your movements/who you end up close to, or are you saying that you are going into places such as pubs where you have to give your details (either on paper or online) and NOT giving them your details or true details?

edit - last three words added pending an answer.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
You've gone lower than either of them already though. They at least used their real names on the system in place.

Top Bottom