Close Contact Self Isolation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

So, I have been placed into self isolation due to having a 5 min conversation with a guy through his (open) car window, who has now tested positive.
Now I'm banished to my bedroom away from rest of the household....(holiday has also been ki-boshed this week)

Question is if I'm isolated, can I still ride alone?
(I have no symptoms and feel 100%) but they say it could be incubating for up to 2 weeks.

vickster

Legendary Member
So, I have been placed into self isolation due to having a 5 min conversation with a guy through his (open) car window, who has now tested positive.
Now I'm banished to my bedroom away from rest of the household....(holiday has also been ki-boshed this week)

(I have no symptoms and feel 100%) but they say it could be incubating for up to 2 weeks.
I believe you’re not meant to leave the house at all, so no

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesse...ouseholds-with-possible-coronavirus-infection
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Enjoy the quiet time to yourself. Turbo time?

Basically you're in the house and if you leave may be fined.

lane

Veteran
Think it's potentially a fine now if you leave the house. Who told you to self isolate though - I thought that it had to be 15 mins contact?

How does this witch calling work ? If someone who tests positive names you as a witch, do you have the right to challenge the isolation verdict ? eg on the grounds that you were 2m distant in the open air and for considerably less than 15mins ? Or even that you never had any contact at all and you are being named in error or perhaps maliciously ?

midlife

Guru
Our employer is very clear, if you are contacted by test and trace and told to isolate then you isolate. Negative test or not.

This is from the gov. Website....

If you are isolating because you have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace or because you are required to under public health measures at the border, you must continue to isolate for 14 days even if you receive a negative test.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom