Close pass on an 8 year old...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am not sure of the road positioning. It is difficult without any greater knowledge thatn the video

If you look at the video, the Range Rover is well across to the other side of teh road and then cuts sharply in.

It would appear that the parent is at least mid lane and it is the drastic cut in that causes the issues

I am not sure with driving like that being any further out would have prevented this.

Reactions: mjr

TrishE

Über Member
So the driver was male?
Didn't notice that sorry :smile:

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 4533411, member: 9609"]Round these parts it is definitely the other way round, may be as many as 80:20 in favour of women, [/QUOTE]I agree with that also around my parts
[QUOTE 4533411, member: 9609"]and a great deal of them are faffing about with a mobile phone. [/QUOTE]
nope don't agree with that though

You have evidence of the gender of the driver? No, I thought not.

The evidence supported by research from the vehicle sales is that the split between male and female is 70% male and 30% female
If this happened 10 times at random there would be 7 male offenders and 3 female offenders

Therefore an informed and educated guess would be male

Or....

I am going out on my bike this afternoon

Most times I will be OK, however a few times I will have issues with other drivers

There is no "evidence" that it is safe for me to go out on the bike but an informed and educated guess that it will be safe

[QUOTE 4533729, member: 45"]The HC accepts that cyclists will not always ride in a straight line.

Children should be given wobble room on the roads.[/QUOTE]

Also there is insufficient detail in the video to see whether any of the "wobbliness" is a reaction to the road surface
O at least two occasions she moves out to avoid obvious hazards, I cannot comment on any other "wobbles"

D

Deleted member 26715

The evidence supported by research from the vehicle sales is that the split between male and female is 70% male and 30% female
If this happened 10 times at random there would be 7 male offenders and 3 female offenders
My wife has never bought a car in over 30 years of driving yet has 'owned' at least 10 of them, so I suspect your figures have no relevance to the driver's gender.

Last edited by a moderator:

S-Express

You demand high standards of your fellow cyclists:rolleyes:.
If the alternative is 'low standards', then I would go for high standards every time. In my opinion, the adult is reckless in allowing her to ride on the road with such a low skill level. Unless of course, he doesn't recognise the low skill level himself. He is still to blame, either way.

Any failings on the cyclists part were negated tenfold by the recklessness of the driver of the overtaking vehicle, did you not spot the oncoming vehicle in the video?
Point is, had she not have been on the road (which should shouldn't have, IMO), then whatever else happens before/after is irrelevant. The pass was dangerous and possibly illegal, but we're beyond that now.

Therefore an informed and educated guess would be male
Or female - because, as you say, it's a random sample. Either way, despite all the bluster, you still don't actually know. Like I said earlier, assumption is the mother of all cock ups. Why not wait until the offender is identified (if it ever comes to that).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom