Clothing Choices for the Middle Aged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
IMG_2360.JPG

perplexed

Guru
I went to Burnley this afternoon for a medical assessment, Now i thought there were some scruffy people in Accrington, but Burnley shocked me! The typical middle aged person there seems to wear the scruffiest clothes they can find and they all seem to have a fag hanging out their mouth and an elbow crutch on their arm!:ohmy:
I'm disowning this thread...

Don't you mean disrobing it?

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
This thread got me thinking.... is it only me who......

harbours a secret want to go for the baggy just post-knee length cycling trousers, a tweed cap, jacket, silk cravat and Argyll socks? And then ride on an old English 3-speed (replete with artisanal front shopping basket)? Admittedly to balance it, I would certainly quash any desire to shout out "Tally-ho" or "what, what".*

I should add I cycle to the local supermarket on an old Rudge 3-speed, but my front basket is a modern wire cage jobbie that doesn't look that good. And I've never seen those cycling trousers on sale anywhere, ever.

*just had a sudden thought, the deliciousness of calling out to my teenage daughters while doing this would be simply iirresistible. 'Bout time I got my own back.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

harbours a secret want to go for the baggy just post-knee length cycling trousers, a tweed cap, jacket, silk cravat and Argyll socks? And then ride on an old English 3-speed (replete with artisanal front shopping basket)? Admittedly to balance it, I would certainly quash any desire to shout out "Tally-ho" or "what, what".*

I should add I cycle to the local supermarket on an old Rudge 3-speed, but my front basket is a modern wire cage jobbie that doesn't look that good. And I've never seen those cycling trousers on sale anywhere, ever.

*just had a sudden thought, the deliciousness of calling out to my teenage daughters while doing this would be simply iirresistible. 'Bout time I got my own back.
Moleskin 'Breeks' fit the bill?
654.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member

This kind of carry on is normal in Cambridge.

Top Bottom