Clothing for Road Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
aJohnson said:
Yip, something like them. I use a similar pair for my winter/training bike (the sport version); they're a good compromise between stiff soled road shoe and a fully walkable shoe and don't look out of place on a road bike. They're a little bit stiff for walking any distance but are certainly more walkable road shoes and better for cycling than other mtb shoes. However if you plan on doing a lot of walking rather than cycling you should consider something like the Specialiezed Taho's.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

HLaB said:
Yip, something like them. I use a similar pair for my winter/training bike (the sport version); they're a good compromise between stiff soled road shoe and a fully walkable shoe and don't look out of place on a road bike. They're a little bit stiff for walking any distance but are certainly more walkable road shoes and better for cycling than other mtb shoes. However if you plan on doing a lot of walking rather than cycling you should consider something like the Specialiezed Taho's.

I'll hardly be walking in my bike shoes to be honest, only really cycling in them.

kyuss

Veteran
D4VOW said:
These are very similar to my summer gloves. They are very thin and breathable and wick moisture away from the hands. I would choose them over mitts every time. Personal preference though :biggrin:

+1. They're a 3 season glove. Plenty breathable for summer. I have the Spesh XC Lite which are the same glove without the wrist fastening and the gel padding, and they've been fine these past few weeks of 20+ degrees. They'd be useless for winter though, so once October/November arrives you'll probably be looking for something a lot more toasty.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Thanks for all the help. I was just wondering, if I were to get road shoes w/ road pedals, would that effect the riding compared to mtb shoes with mtb pedals?

Also, is it worth getting a short sleeve jersey aswell as a long sleeve jersey.

aJohnson said:
Thanks for all the help. I was just wondering, if I were to get road shoes w/ road pedals, would that effect the riding compared to mtb shoes with mtb pedals?

Also, is it worth getting a short sleeve jersey aswell as a long sleeve jersey.
Road shoes have slightly stiffer soles making them slightly more efficient for pedalling and the the larger cleat area I think spreads the load so they're slightly more comfortable on the bike. Road shoes are pretty useless off the bike though for anything other than waddling. It you're choice, I have the road combo for the summer bike and the mtb combo for the winter bike.

At this time of year short sleeve is far better than long IMO. On colder days, I like to use a short sleeve too but with arm warmers. I like my latest pair of arm warmers which can easily be rolled up or down weather permitting.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

HLaB said:
Road shoes have slightly stiffer soles making them slightly more efficient for pedalling and the the larger cleat area I think spreads the load so they're slightly more comfortable on the bike. Road shoes are pretty useless off the bike though for anything other than waddling. It you're choice, I have the road combo for the summer bike and the mtb combo for the winter bike.

At this time of year short sleeve is far better than long IMO. On colder days, I like to use a short sleeve too but with arm warmers. I like my latest pair of arm warmers which can easily be rolled up or down weather permitting.

Ok thanks, I'll choose a short sleeve instead then, and go with road shoes w/ road pedals, as I'll probably never walk in my cycling shoes.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Now you come to mention it...

er, no :?:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
aJohnson said:

few points

1. Try the Ribble price for similar products
2. Check on previous threads re Shimano shoe sizing
3.The Time pedal take a Time cleat -look on ebay as you get some good pedal/cleat offers.

Top Bottom