Clueless.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Then I hope that when you do, you are followed and overtaken by drivers that understand that you are a very vunerable road user and give you the space and time you need. Because there a many out there that won't.
That being the case, they shouldn't be behind a wheel.

A car is more vunerable than a HGV, how much room would they give them?

Lorries smashing into things in front of them is a big problem. The only possible solution I can think of is moving everything out of their way. That way the lorry drivers can just keep on driving without paying much attention. There is absolutely no possible alternative other than to clear the lorry's path of everything to avoid them smashing into things.

I will certainly pass this into my wife who wobbles a bit when she cycles that she mustn't use roundabouts anymore. This might be tricky living in London but I'm sure I'll be able to find her some routes that go vaguely near where she needs to go.

I'll also sit her down and point out how clueless she is.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a local(for me) road that connects two "A" roads. Council are trying to declare all three as unsafe for cycling.

Both "A" roads are practically the only roads that can be used. The short road connecting them is popular amongst cyclists, one of the longest climbs in the UK.

OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Lorries smashing into things in front of them is a big problem. The only possible solution I can think of is moving everything out of their way. That way the lorry drivers can just keep on driving without paying much attention. There is absolutely no possible alternative other than to clear the lorry's path of everything to avoid them smashing into things.

Or
That does make the assumption that the OP regards himself as an experienced cyclist, being as how he sees the wobbly ones as clueless. Which prompts me to wonder if the thread would have had a different tone, or even existed at all, had the group he saw been an efficient chaingang of lycra-clad roadies cranking along.
The clueless part is the fact that one would cycle on such a busy road. And to be honest I've never seen any lycra clad roadies chainganging up the A57, as its possibly too dangerous.

Or

The clueless part is the fact that one would cycle on such a busy road. And to be honest I've never seen any lycra clad roadies chainganging up the A57, as its possibly too dangerous.
Ah, I see. You're clueless as to how to cycle on a busy road. You could possible get some advice on how to do this. There's plenty of very experienced and safe cyclists on here that could give you some good tips. Or you could just think they're dumb, it's up to you.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I will certainly pass this into my wife who wobbles a bit when she cycles that she mustn't use roundabouts anymore. This might be tricky living in London but I'm sure I'll be able to find her some routes that go vaguely near where she needs to go.

I'll also sit her down and point out how clueless she is.
You are a good husband ! Not many like you around nowadays :okay:

OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
After years of commuting in London by bike, I'm pretty sure I understand how to ride in heavy traffic. But why would you want to put your life at risk by riding on such a fast busy A road as those on the thread. then it's your choice. But believe after 30 years of cycling it sure scares the f*ck out of me. But then again, after you've been taken out by a car and one wakes up in Ealing Hospital to the little concerned faces of your small children, wondering what's wrong with their Dad, it alters your outlook on your how vulnerable we really are.

Top Bottom