Clueless.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Motorways are different, and a red herring here. They are all created with separate legislation to be specially for motorised traffic,and are not part of our mainstream road network. Why do you want to extend that to other roads? What is wrong with addressing the underlying problem?

Because there are many major A roads with the same dangers now as motorways and what is the underlying problem.

OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
But why give in to this?
I for one do not want to give up my life in the name of protest against a 4x4 traveling at 70mph down the A38.

A better battle would be to get lower speed limits on country roads and leave the busy trunk roads to the motorized vehicle's.

classic33

Leg End Member
OK, thanks. Is Cragg Vale an A road?
This road is dangerous for cyclists, if the council get their way.
B6138.jpg

OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
That doesn't really answer the question. There are plenty of places where an A road is the only way to get from country road to country road, and not everyone lives in the middle of nowhere.
I understand this, but what folks are losing sight of is there are A roads, single carriageway quiet roads and also the likes of A38, A13, A40. Which are not that far removed from being a motorway.

OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
It is nothing to do with pleasure. It is even less to do with realism, all the time you cannot see the logical conclusion to your thinking.

And the logical conclusion is ?

classic33

Leg End Member
Should we stop using these
A58.jpg

And just short of where the concrete ends is where I ran over someone's foot.
This one.jpg

OP
OP
Hedgemonkey

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Where will you draw the line then, when you succeed in getting cyclists banned from some roads? Number of vehicles per day? Per hour? Number of cyclists wanting or needing to use the road?

Never said we should be banned from such roads, just be advised of the dangers of such a busy fast road and the reasons and dangers why we are not allowed on the motorway system, can now be seen on many trunk roads.

Anyway I'm off now, so cheers folks and I'll have a look in the morning.

Sweet dreams. ;-)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Never said we should be banned from such roads, just be advised of the dangers of such a busy fast road and the reasons and dangers why we are not allowed on the motorway system, can now be seen on many trunk roads.

Anyway I'm off now, so cheers folks and I'll have a look in the morning.

Sweet dreams. ;-)
That's a shame, going to sleep without answering the basic question of where those people should have ridden instead of the A57!

A better approach than farking signs discouraging cyclists further would be to rebuild the junctions to be safe for cycling. I think London's made a start. The rest of the UK should join in.

Top Bottom